C.B. Radio in Sheffield

Originally posted by diamond 5

hi can anyone remember any of these people on the cb megadrive,slim jim,white rose,apple charlotte,robocop,trident,angel warrior and ice man these are all people that are still on cb today as i speak to them all just want to know who remembers them all cheers:thumbsup:

HI there i can remember megadrive his name is mick cos hes sat next to me now, hes been back on cb about 3months. I also know and remember the rest of those u mentioned hi hifi mick said helo do u remember roadrash

hey all, great thread goin on here..

;)

I was too young to remember any of it, I was just a little nipper, but my dad and mom used the CB,..

My dads handle was 'Roller Coaster' and my moms was 'Song Bird' (snog brid) - people used to call me 'Little Rolly' aparantly

hi there rig heads, I am Megadrive on the CB. There are still quite a few breakers on today Silverfox,Headbanger,Dragster,Angel Warrior,Slimjim,White Rose,Iceman,Dr Death(good mate),Mother Eileen,Robocop,Howlin' mad ****head,Apple Charlotte,Pogo,Black Witch(Lynn) and quite a few new ones especially in the Manor & Arbourthorne area. Sweet talker(Val) lives in Spain,Fishermans Ariel is broke. Does anyone remember Road Rash(Aidey),Black Knight(carl),Lee(Pollyfilla),Bob Marley(joe),Pussycat(sandra),Fresh Princess(Sarah),Sheffield Blade(Lynn),Rabbit Catcher(John),Exterminator(Glynn),Gunsmith(Barry),Miss World(Maz). Enterprize(Rob) and Loony Tunes(Dave) both passed away during the last couple o' years. I now live up Fox Hill.

Originally posted by stallion69

hi there rig heads, I am Megadrive on the CB. There are still quite a few breakers on today Silverfox,Headbanger,Dragster,Angel Warrior,Slimjim,White Rose,Iceman,Dr Death(good mate),Mother Eileen,Robocop,Howlin' mad ****head,Apple Charlotte,Pogo,Black Witch(Lynn) and quite a few new ones especially in the Manor & Arbourthorne area. http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/white_noise/lives in Spain,Fishermans Ariel is broke. Does anyone remember Road Rash(Aidey),Black Knight(carl),Lee(Pollyfilla),Bob Marley(joe),Pussycat(sandra),Fresh Princess(Sarah),Sheffield Blade(Lynn),Rabbit Catcher(John),Exterminator(Glynn),Gunsmith(Barry),Miss World(Maz). Enterprize(Rob) and Loony Tunes(Dave) both passed away during the last couple o' years. I now live up Fox Hill.

the few i said i still see.including,, headbanger -sheffield blade and rabbit catcher i see.i know rob enterprize was my x :blush: ...but all the others u said i do remeber them well.and still keep in contact with most above too.

I'm on my mates PC, Yes i used to know Lynn(sheff blade) well as i used to go with her mate Sarah(fresh Princess). What was your handle on the CB if you don't mind me askin'?

HAPPY DAYS

I was a member of OCB club at Beighton, My handle was Half Pint and my hubby was Electron.

Other handles I remember, Diesel Demon, Globetrotter,Bossman

Gearjammer,Treefeller,Digger, Black Magic,Disco Dan,Waverider

Originally posted by summer1955

we were on the cb from the very 1st day it was legal until about 1991. i didnt go on the cb much i only talked to a few people my handle was scarlet first then i changed it to the soceress but my husband used to talk to a lot of people his handle instant mash but everyone called him mashy and most still do, and he still as quite a few friends who he as known since the beginning of the cb days and i can name a few handles that he as spoke to

sweeney, mk2,paleface,drifter,leatherback,yorkie man, midget gem, column change,grizly adams, silver fox 2,mystery lady, strider, porcupine, tiptop,trophy.daybreak,martini lady, apple pie, apple crumble, cosmic alien, sunny jim, diamond cutter, rough diamond, jackdaw, half pint, satan sun, general lee, desperate dan, midnight mover, teddy girl, opal lady, cant think of any more at the moment

his dads handle jaywalker and his mums coconut kisses but was shortened to coco.

Hmmm... Your other half, Instant Mash was on CB long before it became legal... Tut-Tut!

I remember talking to him occasionally, along with some of the others that you list.. Sweeney (Lol from Basegreen)... MK2 (Became known as 'Mucky-2', much to his initial annoyance after we first christened him!)... Jackdaw (Poor old Jackdaw, we used to plague the life out of him at one time)... Drifter, Strider and Jaywalker also ring a bell... And I've never used legal CB in my life! ;)

Part of original post by Ghozer

-I was too young to remember any of it, I was just a little nipper, but my dad and mom used the CB,..

My dads handle was 'Roller Coaster' and my moms was 'Song Bird' (snog brid) - people used to call me 'Little Rolly' aparantly

JEEZ! You don't make me feel any younger, Ghozer!

If you were the first-born, I remember Rolly announcing that 'Snog Brid' was expecting you... I also remember some of us continually asking him if he'd managed to figure out what had caused it yet!

We took the mickey out of each other a lot and fortunately for him, your dad was a good sport about it all... A nice guy, your old fella.

Originally posted by Bic0

JEEZ! You don't make me feel any younger, Ghozer!

If you were the first-born, I remember Rolly announcing that 'Snog Brid' was expecting you... I also remember some of us continually asking him if he'd managed to figure out what had caused it yet!

We took the mickey out of each other a lot and fortunately for him, your dad was a good sport about it all... A nice guy, your old fella.

LOL!! Yes, I was the first born, and im now 23 ;) -- how old does that make you feel?? :)

What was your handle?? Maybe my mom remembers you?

other storys my mom has told me, Was Fox and Hounds, and how everyone used to make my mom and dad be the fox since they had a 4 way postional setup on thier car, they could flick between the aerials to find the direction the signal was coming from, so when they were hounds they would always win...

Which is why they were always made to be the fox..

something along thoes lines any ways...

PM'd you, Ghozer... :)

I remember a lot of the people mentioned in this thread Jive Bunny (Me :thumbsup: ), Jet set, HMII, SK, Top Cat, Pioneer to mention a few I also remember the "top of the world" but thought it was at Treeton, Asda carpark when it was at Handsworth. Who were the drivers of the two Opel Ascona's? & who was it in the Bowlers van I only remember her as "Smiley Miley" she was always hanging around with Pepsi?

Ahh them were the days. Not a care in the world.

oh my god .....this thread brings back memorys.......

i loved my little harrier cbx lol

i was known as OBSESSION/FANTASY and my hubby was GUNSMITH........we met on the cb/got married and have a lovely son now ........ i remember all the breakers stallion69 mentioned.......he forgot one tho.......it was the first person i spoke to when i set up........SCOOBYDOO friend of LOONEYTUNES

and i know you stallion69 lol

the last time me and barry saw you was on our wedding night......i was a little drunk then lol

1/9 anyone wanna chat go to channel 21 lol:thumbsup: