C.B. Radio in Sheffield

I cant remeber that,but must have been funny LOL.

Hope nobody minds us hogging the forum,but didnt you have a bike in the garden?

I cant remember our kids handle,but those really were great days,no cares in the world back then,no mortgage,car finance,huge phone bills,oh yes its all changed now mate.

I can remember when Kev Pinder had erm.. lets say a sexual encounter with a girl but he had no condoms...thats when the hose pipe came in handy LOL You must remember that,we joked for weeks after he told us.

Oh yeah I loved Motorbikes then too (until I found out that cars had heaters).......

I remember Kev (Little Owl) cos I used to work with his Brother Cliff, but I honestly dont remember the "condom" tale, please elaborate LOL :D

Hey! if we are "hogging", no doubt someone will let us know ;-)

Hi.

I lived in High Green in late 70s,we had an illegal A.M rig and would talk to "DOUBLE GLAZING" who was in Pilley,"SEXY EYES" in Chapeltown,she lived in the flats,so could get her signal out well,there was a breakers night at High Green club,i think was Tuesday nights,enybody remember it ???

I have a legel F.M rig these days in my waggon,its not as busy as it used to be,but its still alive and kicking.

i used to go to the breakers club it was at the packhorse and run by fozzie bears mum christine.an also to the 1 held in ecco school and up at pheasant(bird on hill).

Nige.... U used to live above the Post office @ Wincobank didn't you?

I remember you too ;-)

I cant believe you dont remember that Mick !!!

I whent to school with Kev,havnt sen him for nearly 20 years or more.The White Hart was our regular haunt,every Sunday lunch,the landlady (Sue i think) would bring out a tray of yorky puds covered in gravy.Sometimes drank in Steptoes,god the memories are flooding back now.

I know what you mean about the car heaters mate,i had a Lambretta,and a few Vespas,but cars are a lot warmer!!

I dabled with sidebands when i had a Superstar 3900,but the interference was horrid,i d get 9 lb of skip on all fm/midblock chanells,so i got rid.Wouldnt mind a sidebander in the waggon.but we all run on 15 fm.not really much nead for another rig now.

Im using a Binatone 5 star (remember them) its been power tweeked,and got midband on it,regulally get out upto 15 miles with that,its a great rig, its thru` a red devil antenna.

There is a brilliant rig doctor in Barnsley called Billy,he fixed rigs for IXL cb shop when they were open near Kelvin flats,now has a shed in his garden and is a real wizard with any rig.He is making hands free kits aswell to fit any rig,some shops ive seen are charging over 30 quid for them.

What rig were you using back then? There were loads on back then,about 12 or so within 2 miles of our houses.Remember Christine? she was homebase around the bottom of Amgram Bank school fields.

Sorry i cant go into detail about Kevs antics,i wouldnt want to embarass him,and for all we know,his conquest might be reading this..LOL

Its all your fault,youve given me loads of memories,and i thank you for that pal.

Craig

i used to go to the breakers club it was at the packhorse and run by fozzie bears mum christine.an also to the 1 held in ecco school and up at pheasant(bird on hill).

Cant recall Pack Horse breakers,what year was that??

When you look back now it all seems a bit sad.The patchers and badgers that we all wore saying "im a cb nut" or "ive eyeballed a beever",people get locked up for that now LOL

Nige.... U used to live above the Post office @ Wincobank didn't you?

I remember you too ;-)

think u may be on bout a diff nidge or nigel,maybe tin soldier?i was behind high greave pub at ecco.an packhorse breakers was 80/81

Craig...

I aint done CB since about 1990/1 I had a Cobra (forget the model) when I went up Shiregreen and also had a "legal" Audioline but with a piggyback chip, which gave me another 40 channels (if I warmed up one of the diodes with the soldering iron ) which "broadbanded" it but only just...

Another trick was to offset the PLL crystal with a capacitor to give you "one over the 40" (which also gave an extra 2 channels when they brought in the 27mhz US channels).

Anyway, I digress........

Packhorse breakers was an offshoot of "Hilltop breakers" .......... and was good for a while, but like anything............... it also fragmented, :(

think u may be on bout a diff nidge or nigel,maybe tin soldier?i was behind high greave pub at ecco.an packhorse breakers was 80/81

Sorry Dude..

I thought the handle "Red Alert" along with the personal rang a bell...

You are probably right...

It was a long time ago..

Hi,

Does anyone remember Micro Man, Aladin, Lady Venus (she was hot) and her Dad was a channel 9 monitor, Fruit & Nut, Foxy Lady, Little Angel aka Toffee Apple (she was cute), Future Cavailer (Hi Shaun) the Penistone Sisters (Still chuckle about your driving licences)Sultan, Persuader and a stunning girl who I met at the fair in Hillsborough Park (had a slight gap between her 2 front teeth, unfortunately i've forgoten your name and handle, sorry. all were from Wadsley, Wisewood, Walkley, Middlewood etc

FH

Would that be 1981-1982, Micro Man from Hillsborough ? Pete ? If so I think I know him too...

hi everyone ,,, recognise loads of your handles ,, i was Marie from Hackenthorpe First Love aka daydreamer lived norfolk park pitsmoor then wisewood now living down south if anyone remembers me drop me a line !!

my brother was Mystery Man Alan

we were on the cb from the very 1st day it was legal until about 1991. i didnt go on the cb much i only talked to a few people my handle was scarlet first then i changed it to the soceress but my husband used to talk to a lot of people his handle instant mash but everyone called him mashy and most still do, and he still as quite a few friends who he as known since the beginning of the cb days and i can name a few handles that he as spoke to

sweeney, mk2,paleface,drifter,leatherback,yorkie man, midget gem, column change,grizly adams, silver fox 2,mystery lady, strider, porcupine, tiptop,trophy.daybreak,martini lady, apple pie, apple crumble, cosmic alien, sunny jim, diamond cutter, rough diamond, jackdaw, half pint, satan sun, general lee, desperate dan, midnight mover, teddy girl, opal lady, cant think of any more at the moment

his dads handle jaywalker and his mums coconut kisses but was shortened to coco.

This brings back memories,,,me and my hubby was members of OCB club in Beighton,,I was Half Pint and he was Electron,,other members was Globe Trotter,Boss Man,Diesel Demon,Digger,Tree Feller just to name a few