C.B. Radio in Sheffield

Originally posted by honeyplanet

I used to do a fair old bit of c.b ing does anybody remember Chris Concord at wisewood, shane pintpot and allen inspector gadget then there was ronnie at shirecliffe take two. I used to spend a lot of time at chris's house when I was a teenager they were like a surragate family for me, And I must have been one of the few to have a licence (my dad made me)

Wow, Pintpot seems to ring a bell.... I'm sure I used to speak with him!

His name was shane and he used to drive a biege cortina infact most of the C.B world drove a cortina :smile:

Originally posted by honeyplanet

His name was shane and he used to drive a biege cortina infact most of the C.B world drove a cortina :smile:

Would that be a cortina with a big mag mount on top, fluffy dice hanging from mirror and anti static strips hanging from the rear of the car :D

Originally posted by viking

That was when "Butch" from the Salutation roasted a full pig on a spit. around 1982. Chris handle was "Condor" and what a nob sac he is

so true...sir...

JJ..

befor the pc and internet became popular i rember and im only 28 lol..but lot of people being on the cb radio.

i notice it died down a lot since a lot of people got the net and can tlk with our fingers now. i still talk and see old people of the cb radio.

was you one of them and if so what was ur cb name lets see how many people we can find that we use to talk to.

my angle was spinderlla

What is a CB radio?? :confused:

Originally posted by Sidla

What is a CB radio?? :confused:

CB - Citizens Band. IT was a very popular form of entertainment some years ago. Lorry drivers still use it i believe?

Cheers alch! Threads merged.

Back in the 80s I was on as billycotton, we had some great times back then ,we were all good mates and went out togeather .

I remember one called nightlight from parson cross he was a good friend as was starbuck and many more.

The first rig I had was a rotel and the first twig I used was a dipole, then went on to a jp 27, ah good memories.

Hi just to let you know Eddie fisherman is my uncle, he still on Wybourn and got CB with same angle.He hasn't been on for a about a month as his ariel has broke and is waiting to get it repaired. If you speak to him ask him about wearing womens clothes for a joke cheers.

Hi does anyone on this forum still use a cb radio as iam buying one today let me know:thumbsup:

they was a laugh last time i had one