C.B. Radio in Sheffield

Originally posted by vidster

That'll be a negative break :hihi:

Roger D!

HE HE

i gave up with mine after many years when they started givin em away with the cornflakes :-(

too many idiots who had no respect,i remember the guy who used to key up and all you could hear was a clock ticking !,

i met several friends most of who i still know,so it wasnt all bad,

i used to be in the greenfields brakers club who met up at/next to ecclesfield grammer school,

had a rotel 240 and dad had a cheapo thing in the car also had a midland am rig,it was like chalk and cheese when hearing the differance in signal strength between fm + am,

missed out on that "new" frequency that came out,but i still own all the old sett up,its just in the loft :-)

way down ..way gone

JJ..

he he indeed!

I had a CB when I was a teen. Wow. You ought to have seen my p*ss poor set up....!

I had a mag mount that was sat on a biscuit tin, hanging out of my bedroom window. I lived at Hillsborough, and could JUST ABOUT manage to hear people on the hill at Shirecliffe. No further! Other than (and this is where JoeP made me laugh) the lad with the best set up you've ever seen who lived on the next road to me. He used to bleed over into EVERY SINGLE channel on my CB. Tried squelshing him out, but it just wasn't having it!

All this, and I was only burning 13 candles at the time! I used to get right done off me mom for staying on till the early hours on a school night...

Originally posted by BoroughGal

he he indeed!

I had a CB when I was a teen. Wow. You ought to have seen my p*ss poor set up....!

I had a mag mount that was sat on a biscuit tin, hanging out of my bedroom window. the lad with the best set up you've ever seen who lived on the next road to me. He used to bleed over into EVERY SINGLE channel on my CB.

Same here, my mum and dad would never let me have a proper ariel mounted on the side of the house, hence the mag mount on a buscuit tin in the bedroom, but when ever the guy across the block with his GP whatever ariel would go on air the signal gauge needle would nearly snap off as it wacked across the scale to 30+ or more

CB radio days were some of the best times i have ever had.

I was a member of the "Pack Horse Breakers" based in High green. I made many friends, but i remember it being similar to todays internet chat rooms with old men perving after young girls, I started on the much better AM frequency, then went on the legal FM (The most distance i got with that was boston, unfortunatly, the Boston in Lincolnshire)

Good days,anyway 10/10 for now, catch you on the side.

Originally posted by steevie/d

c.b is pretty much dead in the sheff area now .dont know why it may be that people have all got ps2s and x boxes to pass the time now lol!!:thumbsup:

Someone in the Dinnington area told me that C.B. was dead round there because of the internet.

He's probably right, all we used to do with the C.B's was natter on, which is what we do on here.

The other thing is kids are too lazy now. You'll not get a kid to fix a 'twig' up any more or spending time 'swa-ing it in' because every thing now has to be instant.

You know what, I might get my rig out of the shed this afternoon.

10/10

I was burning 18 candles... :o I also would agree that they were some of the most memorable days of my life... going on eye balls & basically having alot of fun with it...

I too had a biscuit tin as a base lol had a mic too that i almost practically had to eat so people could hear me :hihi: always wanted an echo mic but never got round to purchasing one...

My next door neighbour was also on rig so at times it was very difficult for me to get out or find a channel... His set up was alot powerful then mine. :(

My handle was Special K after the girl who learnt to body pop/dance in Breakdance the movie an Breakdance 2 Electric Boogaloo :wink:

Some of the handles i remember... Desperate Dan / Tunafish / Dr Pepa / Buddy / M & M / Animal / Buster Gonads / B & L... seems really strange now looking back :?

QSK on the side... On the side (let it slide) bring it in... Can you tell me who on line please... Who wants to know... Whats your 20... :o OMG!!!! I think i need :help: (Memories...)

Quote: Celine Dion 'Its all coming back to me now!' :loopy:

Originally posted by hj dary

You know what, I might get my rig out of the shed this afternoon.

10/10

LOL... I've still got mine too :hihi: doubt i would 'get out' now tho :?

10/4

Did you get the "tellers of tall tales" on the rig down here?

There was always some one on in Durham when I was a kid who made out that they had the best rig in the world and a great car or a fantasic job and it was all fibs.

One bloke I knew made out he was a electronics expert and worked all over the country fixing expensive stuff when he was in truth a out of work night watch man !!!

I recently got back my old CB radio from a chum I gave it too, who I met via CB. .

He wasn't getting anyone up near Ecclesfield, So I got it back and theres a couple of mobiles I get now and again and a couple of others around the woodseats area. .

I remember the bird who lived near J35, M1 who used to talk to all the truckers and I'd get some of the truckers heading between 35 - 34 (as you could see that strech from me bedroom window)

I remember some of the regulars when I used to use it, when I lived at me moms in Ecclesfield. .

Killaklik

Dragsta

Panasonic

Casper

But I still don't miss the goooonads that would key up and play shabba rank hardcore crudd 24/7. .

Was ruined by weiners. . . !!

does anyone remember any of these breakers from the 80's: Wagepacket, Studded Gold, Blue Boy, General Lee, Sapphire. Did anybody ever go to the CB club at the Royal on Abbeydale Road.

Roger Diddly Dodge... :wink:

I was on rig whilst being down south :( so i wouldnt know anyone in the Sheffield area...