Hillsborough Leisure Centre- your feedback please

Dizzyblonde I have also seen this guy on the machine, however there is 2 and very rarely are they both occupied. I know myself there alot of cardio machines in the gym that I cannot use due to injury, cardio wave however is great for me as it is the best non impact cardio machine. Maybe this is the reason he is on this machine? have you tried askinging him rather than being rude and insulting on a public forum?

he's not fat scott, he's just tall, big and ugly! And quite annoying how he hogs the same machine all the time. At Concord there are notices up saying 20mins max on machines, maybe Hillsbro should follow suit.

Have a word with the staff then, im sure he wouldn't mind moving on if he was told politely that other people want to use the machine.

OR

You could just stand next to him looking impatiently at your watch and sighing loudly! ;)

Thanks for the comments - Apologies I have now regained access to the Forum and will check comments on a regular basis! Unfortunately i will be unable to respond to every comment made however I will read through the posts and take action where required. If there's anything you would like me to respond to directly, please e-mail me at p.blanckley@sivltd.com or by accessing the Hillsborough Leisure Centre website and completing an online enquiry. Thanks, Phil

Groups of men hogging the same piece of equipment are quite irritatating.

....adn those that have their rest period between sets sat on the machine for 5 minutes then 30 seconds of lifting followed by another 5 minutes sat on it.

In the 5 minutes between each set 2 or 3 others could have done a set each! No idea how the gym could stop that though :(

We occasionally book the sports hall for indoor footy. Everything generally good, although the indoor footballs are often in a pretty poor state.

I also find that it seems rather oversubscribed, certainly if you're male and want to do weights. The men's changing facilities are tiny and apparently around a third of the size of the ladies, I've discussed this with my partner btw not sneaking around! At busy times getting 12+ guys into the 1 main area on 2 benches just isnt ideal, there are probably enough lockers but not enough space to get changed.

As far as the weights themselves are concerned the selection is very limited. A bar bell or two would be a great start, even the little things like I've never seen a pad to put on the smith machine for squatting, make a difference. Although I live the other side of the park I now go to Don Valley.

On the positives I think the pool's fine, could probably do with more slides for kids but at least there's a couple. My partner likes swimming in the evenings but she often cant make the lane swimming sessions, they could be a bit longer or more often ideally although I assume there's a lot of lessons on.

not too bad but the changing rooms are horrible really

I would like to be able to block book a regular slot to play badmington. not being able to book further than 6 days ahead means all the slots i can make are usually taken pretty quickly, and i need a regular slot to encourage myself and partner to go do exercise.

perhaps SIV could offer a discount to regular badmington go-ers, if we were able to block book?

Dont close the creche or my membership will be a waste of money as wont beable to attend yet i am tied in to another 12 month contract