Hillsborough Leisure Centre- your feedback please

Have you any comments, feedback or ideas on how we can improve our services at Hillsborough Leisure Centre? :help: Let me know! We welcome all kinds of feedback to offer you the best service possible! :D

Yes

Put the water slides on, when its spash session on Sunday afternoon.

Gid a giddy 3 year old that likes the blue slide and gets hugely disapointed when the slides are shut

Number of points following from my last visit last Sunday.

Got to agree. The slides are the best part for my 6 year old, and invariably they are only open for 5 minutes each during the session. The kids love them, so make more use of them.

There seems to be a lot of space high up in the roof. Surely its time to invest in more slides!!!

Personally think you are missing some medium size changing rooms. You've either got the small ones (ideal for 1 person), or the family ones. When you have a little one in tow, you don't want to use a big family one, but yet the single cubicles are really limited in space.

There are only usually half of the showers working at any time.

Jim

Thanks for the comments, I have passed these onto the relevant manager and will let you know their response asap. Phil.

I had tried doing the gym induction thingy that the gyms all insist on.

Ultimately I gave up on on it as a bad job, here's why....

1st induction, I expected to run through the machines quickly and perhaps a quick chat about best way of going about what I wanted. I got 30 minutes of being shown buttons on CV machines, told I need to book second induction for the weights machines.

2nd induction - 15 minutes ish looking at weight machines and suggesting exercises. But told to work out a program another time. I book a slot for that.

3rd booked session - I'm expecting to work out a program with someone by discussing requirements and having a go at exercises supervised to find weights/reps to use in program. Instead it is a sit down chat, program written out and told I have to book *another* session to be shown what the various exercises are. I thought I had booked that to follow on, only to be told 'best to do it another time'. :/

Didn't get round to booking that 4th supervised session.

Next time I go to gym as PAYG customer I'm asked for an induction card - no one had as yet mentioned any such thing. Nor have I had one posted to me.

So why have I lost enthusiasm?

1. lack of information about the induction process

2. cost (most of my usage would have been peak time so £4 ? a go)

Thankyou for being brave enough to field this sort of thread though Phil :thumbsup:

I think it's wonderful that you have spent money on the gym recently, buying new equipment and giving it a lick of paint.

But, over the last year or so I have noticed the sit up frames have gradually disappeared one by one, replaced by the fit balls. Now there are no sit up frames, only 3 fit balls, only one is the right size for me to use comfortably, and there is no space set aside for using them. You have to move benches out the way and even then don't have enough space. I'd imagine a lot of female gym goers also place great importance on exercising their abs.

I'd like to have the option of using the sit up frames re-instated. I'd also like to see more space dedicated to stretching. The weights room is very crampd now.

That said, I have been coming to Hillsborough gym for many years and have always been pleased with the facilities, customer service and the price. :thumbsup:

I recently started going again after a 10 month break and was very pleased with the refurb. I am a little disappointed with the ladies members changing rooms which are tatty. The carpet in particular needs a damn good steam clean.

Apart from that, very happy:thumbsup:

We need some more cardiowave machines in the gym. One of them is always being "hogged" by a large bald gentleman, leaving one free for everyone else to use.

Whats a cardiowave machine?

Does the gym have any limit on the number of members you will accept? Seems to me it may well be over subscribed for the size of the gym.

Given HLCare hasn't posted since 2008 it seems unlikely to me further suggestions here will be read.