Old hyde park, now castle court.

Yeah, that would be right, I used to pass it on the way to school every day, it was derelict by then but the scoreboard was still standing. As you say they built a playground on the site, and I think part of it is St John's school playing fields.

We lived on Derwent Row, third floor up on the small block, my brother lived on Dacre Row on the big block. We use to cross the bridge to get to his building, near the shopping center and the activity club. Michelle

I lived at 91 Chequers row from 1964 to 1968, it was a good place to live i used to deliver the newspapers for newsagent

in the shopping centre, I thick his name was Stutchberry or Stutchburry. So what’s happen to Hyde Park I haven’t been back there since 1989? Anyone have photos?

Plain Talker, I lived above the Target pub also until 1981 or 2. Number 83 to be precise.

Were you there in '81. If so I must know you me and vice versa, Mick Brown..

Cheers

mick is this the same mick who was shot in the head, air gun

1970s.

The best times I had at HPF were when they were being built, every night we would be climbing up or crawling though the duck tins, gave the security guards some right head aches, but we knew the layout better that them, so we never got caught.

Our favorite past time was “the race” we would climb up the stairs (on the out side) run along the roof and down the other side, I could never beat Johnny Taylor (Tats) he would climbed like a demented spider.

On reflection they were crazy things we did, but being young we had no fear or sense come to think of it, I now sit and cringe at the thought of it, after all it was not the security guards we were dodging it was the grim reaper.

The best times I had at HPF were when they were being built, every night we would be climbing up or crawling though the duck tins, gave the security guards some right head aches, but we knew the layout better that them, so we never got caught.

Our favorite past time was “the race” we would climb up the stairs (on the out side) run along the roof and down the other side, I could never beat Johnny Taylor (Tats) he would climbed like a demented spider.

On reflection they were crazy things we did, but being young we had no fear or sense come to think of it, I now sit and cringe at the thought of it, after all it was not the security guards we were dodging it was the grim reaper.

hi mick i used to do the very same thing and was on the flats about the same time i lived on daker row maybe we climed together?