Noisy cat-sleepless nights

My 3 year old siamese/bengal cross cat- Lola, is so noisy especially early in the morning, she is driving me a little crazy.

She is an indoor cat-and was before i got her for about two years, she was found by previous owner with badly infected eyes so she took her on (i have had her 9 months now)

She started meowing early morning when i first got her-she was not allowed in the bedroom at this point, so i gave in and let her in the bedroom.She has now abandoned her bed and uses mine! This seemed to stop her anoying meowing around 4am.

Recently she has started doing this again and she carries on for hours! she will jump on me, run around, play, try to bring me things. I kinda gather she is just bored but she does have toys and two scraching posts. Any ideas please so i can get a peaceful nights sleep?

You must be a glutton for punishment- 2 of the flakiest, noisiest (but most wonderful) breeds in the one cat! We have 2 bungles and they are utterly barmy -and our little Oriental Havana Aero can howl for england.

Alfie our barmy boy bengal still does the 4am thing and his ear-piercingly shrill YOWL is hard to ignore- but ignore it you must, because cats tend to like to get up to hunt around 4am and indoor cats are frustrated by not being allowed out at that time (or at all). Some of it is also hormonal/seasonal and at this time of year, the birds are up n about at that time - if your bungle is anything like ours, (a potentially prolific hunter), she is howling to get out...

Ours are indoor cats too. I make sure the curtains have black-out material behind them so there's no daylight filtering into the bedroom- that way, barmy boy stays asleep a bit longer - it's only if he decides to get up and wander down the corridor that he suddenly spots daylight and realises there's wildlife out there.

oh dear! Sounds like i will just have to put up with her and get some ear plugs. :D But thanx for the advice about the black out curtains i may have to invest in some.

I have been told that that siamese is a noisy cat-but after i got her! She is beautiful though and so affectionate. Has the body and head shape of a siamese and patterns of a benal. I love her to bits but just wish she would let me sleep- after all she does plenty off it in the day! charming

Orientals and Bengals are highly intelligent breeds and very, very vocal. They are also really sociable and curious too - when we have visitors or deliveries to our back door, Aero and Alfie are there to greet the caller even before our daft doberman- and Aero is seldom far away from me when I'm awake or asleep. Alfie is usually highly visible and loud, but we've got furry visitors staying this week and he's sulking. I adore all cats but there's something about bungles that just gives them that edge - no other breed to compare with them really.

She sounds lovely- would love to see a photo of her.

Oh yes she is certainly a nosey little thing-always running up the stairs to see you if she hears someone up there-and her favorite trick is stealing your seat on the sofa as its nice and warm!

hope the pic links work

how do you upload pics on here?

my link to facebook album asked people to sign in

aww she looks a proper little madam (in the nicest possible way, of course)

Wow, what a beauty.

My cats used to completely rule my house. They would decide when it was breakfast time, when it was cuddle time, when it was EVERYTHING time. Until I got married, then it all changed, after a couple of months I realised that I wasnt being woken up at four in the morning by cuddle demanding or food demanding puddytats and couldn't understand what had changed.

It was only when I spoke to the hubster about it, that he simply said, "I don't give into their every demand anymore so they don't waste their time asking."

Its very true, not sure if it applies to your situation but mine, I hate to say it, know what and what not they can get away with nowadays.

Another super trick I found was to give them food that they didn't love for breakfast, so they weren't desperate for it. No more pouches for breaky, they get mean old biscuits :)

Oo I feel so mean, I must go out immediately and buy them all some fish :(

yes she is a bit of a madam. lol She was named Lola by her previous owner because she thought she looked like a show girl.

I think i should stop answering to her calls. (but its so hard to do) I call her to me in the hope she will settle down and sleep-doesn't usually work for long though, She gets her pouches of an evening and i leave a measured volume of biscuits out for her which she grazes at throughout the day-her bowl is rarely empty in the morning, so don't think it is the hunger factor.

aww she looks a proper little madam (in the nicest possible way, of course)

My thougths too Katkin!

My domestic cats also like to make noise and generally run round etc bout 4-5am, it's hunting hour isn't it? Just ignore them, altho it sometimes gets the better of me and i have to have a stern word with the erm... *coughs* babies:hihi: