Woodthorpe School

Started Woodthorpe infants in 1957, first teacher Miss Sharpe, left seniors or" high school" in 1968, last teacher Mr Mellors.

woodthorpe school 1960s

Started Woodthorpe infants in 1963,ah the good old days :love:

Woodthorpe school ..( 1950s ).....any memories of Mr. Frost, the headmaster in the senior school ? and the dog 'Patch' who followed him onto the stage for morning assembly. Also..Mr Sallis ?..../ The May Day, procession around the school, ./ Pupils..of that era../..Billy Clewes./.John Harrison./.Brian Ward./.Marie Mellor./.Valerie Shepherd./.Tony Stones./.June Lingard./.Janet Broad./. Happy days and great memories.

Edited by oscar 215

Hi Oscar 215 remember Mr Frost.the man in the black cape and "Sallis" the smallest big man in the school. can't say i recall the pupils you mention, but i can recall some of the older ones, maybe you do as well. stan ives / pete booker / dave burns / Harrisons 2 brother and i think their was a sister as well. Lots of others i can picture but can't put a name to them, getting old.

Edited by norsman
missspell

Hi Oscar 215 remember Mr Frost.the man in the black cape and "Sallis" the smallest big man in the school. can't say i recall the pupils you mention, but i can recall some of the older ones, maybe you do as well. stan ives / pete booker / dave burns / Harrisons 2 brother and i think their was a sister as well. Lots of others i can picture but can't put a name to them, getting old.

all my family went there

all my family went there

must have had a classroom for the lot of you lol.

uncle ralph, you ok?

must have had a classroom for the lot of you lol.

uncle ralph, you ok?

hi ralph tried getting in touch with you on facebook but you didnt answer

Woodthorpe school ..( 1950s ).....any memories of Mr. Frost, the headmaster in the senior school ? and the dog 'Patch' who followed him onto the stage for morning assembly. Also..Mr Sallis ?..../ The May Day, procession around the school, ./ Pupils..of that era../..Billy Clewes./.John Harrison./.Brian Ward./.Marie Mellor./.Valerie Shepherd./.Tony Stones./.June Lingard./.Janet Broad./. Happy days and great memories.

i oscar 215 remember afew teachers in the 40s 50s stuart sallis battom knight hazelwood mrs clarke and music teacher who used slipper on ur pupils harrison russell whiteley birch staniforth alan smith briansmith {kippers} keen crosslaand crap goalkeeper davies stringfellor lasses alice walker webster mcgowen tingle ogle hardy shiela ulley may queen

Hi norsman, remember pete hunt, john shaw,john lee,paul wood,mick gregory,all left in 68"

hi OLDmickyG, yes i remember all the names you mentioned, plus a few more dave edwards, kieth savage, dave spooner, garry bedford, stuart england, ian fothergill, still see mick gregory and his wife margaret, her name was Hall,when at school.