Buying Clothes off Ebay

Anyone ever bought any clothes off ebay??? Just been having a look and with the prices i'm assuming most are fakes,am i right???

yes i have bought pairs of trainers mostly off ebay and they were brand new in boxes and not fakes.

depends what your after, dont expect complete bargains tho', or they will be fakes.

always check feedback and all should be well:thumbsup:

Originally posted by gswift

always check feedback and all should be well:thumbsup:

I was under the impression that it's not too difficult to buy feedback on ebay?

really?

i doubt it:suspect:

i have bought loads of stuff from e bay and had no problems.

so long as you use a bit of common sense;)

Originally posted by Mo

I was under the impression that it's not too difficult to buy feedback on ebay?

How would you do that?

K x

Originally posted by Kristian

How would you do that?

K x

I heard a prog on Radio 4 about this last year and it is possible to literally pay people to write you positive feedback. For most sellers this would neither be necessary or financially worthwhile but for the scammers of this world it would be a good investment.

Originally posted by Mo

I heard a prog on Radio 4 about this last year and it is possible to literally pay people to write you positive feedback. For most sellers this would neither be necessary or financially worthwhile but for the scammers of this world it would be a good investment.

But you only get the chance to leave someone feedback after you've had a transaction with them. :confused:

It would only take a small group of scammers to give each other positive feedback on 1p auctions. Then they could sell a car they dont really have.

Originally posted by Lickable

It would only take a small group of scammers to give each other positive feedback on 1p auctions. Then they could sell a car they dont really have.

I suppose. But surely no-one would be stupid to pay for something as expensive as a car via paypal or a cheque in the post?! I would have thought most sane people would go to collect the car and pay upon collection.

It depends on what you are buying I guess. I know someone who funds his very extended break in Thailand by selling fake bags on eBay, he does very well out of it. I would guess that most people know they are fakes as they cost 30 quid instead of £100-£200. they look pretty identical. If you are the sort of person who genuinely thinks they are getting a real Gucci bag or whatever for a 10th of the retail price, then you much be pretty daft, not quite as daft as someone willing to spend £200 quid on one they think is going to be real!!! Anyway, I don't think he has had any complaints. Like with most things, you get what you pay for but if you are trying to save £10 on a £150 quid original item, you might be best to go to a shop and pay the extra £10

Tap in Feedback in the search bar and there are usually a few auctions whereby both parties get some quick feedback scores