Motorcycles undertaking..

Well ducatiboy, seeing as you mention the Highway Code:

Highway Code

Highway Code

It's all online, perhaps you'd benefit from a quick read through.

jumping to conclusions? you read the wrong bit! it doesnt mention the specific details i have described TWICE already. Come on get it right FFS

Well ducatiboy, seeing as you mention the Highway Code:

Highway Code

Highway Code

It's all online, perhaps you'd benefit from a quick read through.

Actually you quoted it rule 163 only pass on the left if the traffic......blah bla bla. read your own post you may have taught yourself summat:loopy:

You said:

The Highway Code (specifically, Rule 267 which is from the motorway section) says:

The circumstances where it is permissible to pass traffic on the left are when traffic is queueing slowly or turning right. The HC is written so as to be clear and unambiguous. It is not open to another interpretation. If you were permitted to drive as you suggest, it would say that outright.

As it is, you are giving the impression that undertaking is acceptable, whereas it actually falls into the catagory of driving without due care or even dangerous driving.

Unfortunately I am not a writer that can write unambiguously. Simply put its exactly what i said. You can pass on the left!!!! you can pick my posts apart however you wish The simple underlying fact is that you can overtake cars on the inside if the outside lane is travelling at less than the stated speed limit for instance if it is "travelling slowly or queuing". If a motorway was not full of traffic I hardly think you would find traffic "moving slowly or queuing".......would you?:loopy:

Do you drive? have you got a licence? Ever owned a copy of the highway code? If the answer to all of the above is Yes! Then Did someone else do your lessons and test for you? Because you CAN overtake cars that are NOT travelling at the speed limit when they ARE in lanes to the right hand side of you on any dual carriageway/motorway provided that you are NOT breaking the speed limit yourself. THIS is a totally legal move. And technically it is not undertaking! Is that quite clear?:D You say "you think". You didnt think hard enough did you?:hihi::hihi:

Yep full bike licence for 4 years full car licence for 18 years now.

Read this taken from the highway code (which may I point out is not a drivers law but a CODE of conduct.

Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake. :huh:

You are on about this part which you did not point out origianlly In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right.

Unfortunately I am not a writer that can write unambiguously.QUOTE]

A little less gob in future would go down well on your behalf then.:hihi:

You said:

The Highway Code (specifically, Rule 267 which is from the motorway section) says:

The circumstances where it is permissible to pass traffic on the left are when traffic is queueing slowly or turning right. The HC is written so as to be clear and unambiguous. It is not open to another interpretation. If you were permitted to drive as you suggest, it would say that outright.

As it is, you are giving the impression that undertaking is acceptable, whereas it actually falls into the catagory of driving without due care or even dangerous driving.

Here Here, hey Ducatiboy, some people can read as well as drive. One day you may be able to do both:hihi:

Here Here, hey Ducatiboy, some people can read as well as drive. One day you may be able to do both:hihi:

Yeah whatever! I can read and spell though. Unfortunate you lot cant because on many occasion you have PROVED that you can overtake on the inside legally and safely by quoting the highway code. PS would blow you into the weeds on a 125 mate been racing bikes for time.

Were you travelling on a road with one lane? If so the bike rider should know better. Undertaking is illegal. If you were on a road like penistone road for instance with 2 lanes and more, and the traffic was travelling at considerably less than the speed limit then a motorcycle can "filter" through the traffic and could possibly pass you on your left hand side, except if you were in the furthest lane to the left then not only is this illegal but its downright stupid! the best thing to do when seeing motorcycles approach you is Do not change your direction or speed unless you are moving over to allow the bike to filter through. The biker "should be well aware of you and "will" have already decided the safest and best way to get past you! I put all these in inverted commas as sometimes the brain dead actually do get a licence too! Hope that helps

Yo KURGON! I quoted myself here because as you have had a bike licence for 4 years and still argue my point by contradicting yourself .....the last bit must be you!!!

You are on about this part which you did not point out origianlly In congested conditions, where adjacent lanes of traffic are moving at similar speeds, traffic in left-hand lanes may sometimes be moving faster than traffic to the right. In these conditions you may keep up with the traffic in your lane even if this means passing traffic in the lane to your right.

That is ambiguous, what is the definition of slow moving and congested traffic? If the traffic in the outside lane is unable to travel at the speed limit it must be slow moving and/or congested and it is therefore ok to pass on their left IMO.

That is ambiguous, what is the definition of slow moving and congested traffic? If the traffic in the outside lane is unable to travel at the speed limit it must be slow moving and/or congested and it is therefore ok to pass on their left IMO.

Thankyou Darbees! now that someone has actually posted on here who does actually know what they are talking about I think ill leave it here!!:D

Well done to the two morons on bikes today on the parkway who were travelling at about 60 (50 zone) up the middle of the road. They were undertaking and overtaking at the same time.

How long do these people want to live? Prats.

Well done to the two morons on bikes today on the parkway who were travelling at about 60 (50 zone) up the middle of the road. They were undertaking and overtaking at the same time.

How long do these people want to live? Prats.

Forever, same as everyone else I would think. Did you or anyone have to take evasive action? tell the truth please.