Motorcycles undertaking..

And errr... who's right if way was it again!? Oh yours because you have a big van and had been flashed out... :loopy:

No it's not because i had a white van, I was already in the centre of the road , with at least 10 queuing cars to the right, he must have overtaken at speed to get to my front in that short space of time, obviously he does not know what a developing hazard is.

It would be easier for him to see a white van than me to see a bike over taking vans and cars. So its not as :loopy: you say.

No it's not because i had a white van, I was already in the centre of the road , with at least 10 queuing cars to the right, he must have overtaken at speed to get to my front in that short space of time, obviously he does not know what a developing hazard is.

It would be easier for him to see a white van than me to see a bike over taking vans and cars. So its not as :loopy: you say.

So what you're saying is you pulled into the middle of a junction where your exit wasn't clear and you were left blocking the road...

Im not saying im 100% in the right. I was left blocking half the road as the people to the right flashed me, so I edged to the middle the the people to the left flashed me as well, so both side were waiting, then the Motorbike decided to overtake everyone.When it was quite obvious that a hazard was developing.

Im not saying im 100% in the right.

No; you're saying you were 100% in the wrong. It was not safe for you to pull out at all because there was a motorbike approaching.

I nearly knocked someone of their bike today, I needed to turn right the person on the right flashed me to go, so i edged to the middle of the road, then the person to the left flashed me to go, double checked, then a Motorbike was practically on my windscreen, and he had a cheek to call me a wa**er. Obviously could not see a large transit van emerging from a side street with stantionery cars waiting in turn...D**k head.
You're lucky he only called you that and you're not in court for causing an accident.

I nearly knocked someone of their bike today, I needed to turn right the person on the right flashed me to go, so i edged to the middle of the road, then the person to the left flashed me to go, double checked, then a Motorbike was practically on my windscreen, and he had a cheek to call me a wa**er. Obviously could not see a large transit van emerging from a side street with stantionery cars waiting in turn...D**k head.

Fancy admitting to something like that! you shouldn't have a licence. Your bang out of order. Some people on here criticising the bikers are all missing one very fundamental point. Bikers are very vulnerable, and you can go on and on about "i nearly knocked one off" blah blah blah. If you had have done. You wouldn't be posting on the forum ......You would be in nick for murder!!!! Have a bit of consideration FFS!

As Darbees has said before - The car drivers of this world should be taking a bike test before even climbing into a car .....Numpty's !!!

If you have a bike rider in your family you will almost certainly see bike riders..... If you took a bike test yourself you would almost certainly have more consideration for Bikers ...they have as much right to be safe on the road as car drivers !!!!:mad:

I have no problems against bike users.. just the one my original post refers to.. I am newly educated on the rules of motorbikes but the one the other day I am sure had no consideration for other road users. Luckily I use my mirrors and saw him coming up the left of me.. Not sure everyone on the road would notice him though... Maybe one day he will go into the side of someones car.. or maybe he can slow down fast enough to avoid an accident should he not be noticed.. As I said previously - I may have been over precautios but it did leave me feeling a little on edge...

or maybe he can slow down fast enough to avoid an accident should he not be noticed.. As I said previously - I may have been over precautios but it did leave me feeling a little on edge...
Bikes can slow down, speed up and turn very quickly compared with most cars which is why some manouevres they do may look dangerous to drivers who haven't ridden a bike when in fact they aren't.

As Darbees has said before - The car drivers of this world should be taking a bike test before even climbing into a car .....Numpty's !!!

If you have a bike rider in your family you will almost certainly see bike riders..... If you took a bike test yourself you would almost certainly have more consideration for Bikers ...they have as much right to be safe on the road as car drivers !!!!:mad:

Now theres a good idea, pass a test on a moped before you can have a bike, pass a test on a bike before you can have a car, pass a test in a car before you can have a van etc etc making the test more and more difficult at each step. It would improve road safety no end

Bikes can slow down, speed up and turn very quickly compared with most cars which is why some manouevres they do may look dangerous to drivers who haven't ridden a bike when in fact they aren't.

And while I am not defending anyone who speeds or drives dangerously. It is a proven statistical fact that a high percentage of pedestrians and car drivers OVER ESTIMATE the speed of motorcycles, especially sporty looking ones. This is because many of them get their design from race replicas and look very agressive to many people, they think that they are going very fast when in fact they are sticking within the speed limit.

Now theres a good idea, pass a test on a moped before you can have a bike, pass a test on a bike before you can have a car, pass a test in a car before you can have a van etc etc making the test more and more difficult at each step. It would improve road safety no end
Yes it would, they should also drive LGVs and buses too and get some idea of the issues drivers of those vehicles face and perhaps they wouldn't complain so much. Even if it were done off the public road at an airfield or similar it would be beneficial.