Motorcycles undertaking..

Left hand side overtakers tend to be mainly hoodies on scooters. Real bikers know the law.

If you own a red Lambretta/vespa and travelled down Bramhall Lane this morning undertaking, you're a prat. I saw you nearly get knocked off three times with your weaving and wobbling, and undertaking someone who wanted to turn left. I saw you park your bike outside Staples and nearly stopped to tell you what a danger to yourself as well as others you are.

I've had a bike license for nearly 20 years before anyone thinks I'm anti-biker.

You can't tell the difference between a lambretta and a vespa? :|

Left hand side overtakers tend to be mainly hoodies on scooters. Real bikers know the law.

Out of interest fred is your username a take on that old bloke that refused to wear a helmet? Spotted you on Sbf and wondered...

You can't tell the difference between a lambretta and a vespa? :|

I like bikes, scooters don't really hold much interest to me. To be honest the make/model was not what I was taking much notice of anyway, just the crap riding of it.

I saw you nearly get knocked off three times with your weaving and wobbling, and undertaking someone who wanted to turn left. I saw you park your bike outside Staples and nearly stopped to tell you what a danger to yourself as well as others you are.

I've had a bike license for nearly 20 years before anyone thinks I'm anti-biker.

This seems to be coming common practice... Maybe the new riders just aren't getting enough training before hitting the roads.. or they think they are invincible!!.. ??

This seems to be coming common practice... Maybe the new riders just aren't getting enough training before hitting the roads.. or they think they are invincible!!.. ??

Lets face it there are the minority of both bikers and drivers that are irresponsable, but all this thread seems to be doing is increasing the hostility between the two partys. Lets have a little respect for each other and the roads would be a much happier and safer place.

Just one observation though the majority of silly manouvers I have seen on two wheels are committed by young lads on scooters, I think this is down to inexperience, youth immortality complex (we all had it once:rolleyes:) and the fact that CBT doesnt really teach you that much!

It doesn't need to be law, it's common sense, instinct for survival, self preservation or anything else you want to call it.

Not exactly true. If the overtaking lane is travelling at less than the stated speed limit there is nothing wrong with travelling at the speed limit in the left hand lane, passing the traffic to your right. I avoided using the word undertaking as it is not technically undertaking!

I think!! that undertaking on a duel carriageway is just as illegal as undertaking on a motorway.

The way that some motor bikers drive they deserve to be knocked off. It might make them think then about how bad they drive. I have drove many years and some of the idiots on the bikes I have seen defies belief

You seem like an absolute d**khead with an attitude like that. People with your mentality should be banned from the road totally. Do you think all motorcyclists are 18 years old without mums, dads, children, grand children?

I drive both a car and a bike and know how bad car drivers are unless they were previously a biker. You cannot judge speed at all and think that a bike can stop as quick as a car. My bike does 0 - 60 in less than 2 seconds and can accelrate from 70mph to 150 in about 3 seconds, l don't drive it like a nutter but some car drivers think that they can just pull out, not use indicators, change their mind whilst driving and change lanes. If you want to supply me with your name and address l'll pass your comments onto the traffic division. I'm sure you'll not have a licence for long after.

You seem like an absolute d**khead with an attitude like that. People with your mentality should be banned from the road totally. Do you think all motorcyclists are 18 years old without mums, dads, children, grand children?

I drive both a car and a bike and know how bad car drivers are unless they were previously a biker. You cannot judge speed at all and think that a bike can stop as quick as a car. My bike does 0 - 60 in less than 2 seconds and can accelrate from 70mph to 150 in about 3 seconds, l don't drive it like a nutter but some car drivers think that they can just pull out, not use indicators, change their mind whilst driving and change lanes. If you want to supply me with your name and address l'll pass your comments onto the traffic division. I'm sure you'll not have a licence for long after.

couldent agree more i also have the both sides story and unless a car driver has driven a bike then they dont know what its like to have several cars pull out in front you without indacating

My son was killed by a careless car driver, he was doing nothing out of order with his riding.

I think!! that undertaking on a duel carriageway is just as illegal as undertaking on a motorway.

Do you drive? have you got a licence? Ever owned a copy of the highway code? If the answer to all of the above is Yes! Then Did someone else do your lessons and test for you? Because you CAN overtake cars that are NOT travelling at the speed limit when they ARE in lanes to the right hand side of you on any dual carriageway/motorway provided that you are NOT breaking the speed limit yourself. THIS is a totally legal move. And technically it is not undertaking! Is that quite clear?:D You say "you think". You didnt think hard enough did you?:hihi::hihi: