Sign in to follow this  

Phoenix sports/social club snooker - age issue?

I asked a collegue where he would recommend that I could take my lad (age 14) locally (to us) to play snooker.

As my collegue lives in the Tinsley/Brinsworth area he recommended (from personal experience) the Phoenix sports/social club (Tinsley/ Brinsworth area).

So I rang them & a very helpfull person assured me that as long as I made myself a member, I could take my lad (age 14) to play snooker.

So we went the same day to sign up only to be told by the bird on reception that the minimum age was 16... :suspect:... needless to say I declined to join.

Now what I need to know is.. are there any fellow forummers out there that take their under 16's to play snooker at the Phoenix? is there a problem? Has there EVER been a problem? Who has given me duff information?

Donks :thumbsup:

Normally snooker places will let under 16's play but just say they have to be out by a certain time. Where i go its 9:30pm.

My son who is 14 is a member of rileys, he is allowed in on his own up until 7.30pm i think.

Phone them again and ask, most snooker clubs let 14yr olds in(even if under adult supervision)

Cheers for the replys folks, :)

Phone them again and ask, most snooker clubs let 14yr olds in(even if under adult supervision)

That's pretty much how the first conversation on the phone went mate, I wonder if daft lass assumed I wanted to let him be the member & go by himself? :huh::roll:

Cheers for the replys folks, :)

That's pretty much how the first conversation on the phone went mate, I wonder if daft lass assumed I wanted to let him be the member & go by himself? :huh::roll:

Maybe...............you know what us women are like:suspect::D

Have you tried the snooker club above Jacksons (Little Sainos) at Brecks? It's a stones throw from you. :D

Have you tried the snooker club above Jacksons (Little Sainos) at Brecks? It's a stones throw from you. :D

You mean the place with no windows? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

waaay too expensive mate - already asked.

Oh well - after further covert investigation the 16y/o rule @ Phoenix persists.

Looks like they're not messing about with encouraging any young up-and-coming future world champions doesn't it?

How very narrow minded. :roll:

That's Rovvrem :thumbsup: