Achieving STOPPING smoking

i hadnt been a heavy smoker, but it depended on the day

a pack could last me 1-2 days, but once you are a smoker its in your body to crave again & again.

i never smoked whilst i carried any of my children and i tried not to smoke around them.

in January of this year my Daughter being 4 years old came home from school and said " do you know what will happen if you dont stop smoking!"

i asked her, she replied "your heart will go boom". she continued to repeat this for a few weeks.

Wednesday 6th of Feb i smoked my last cig in the pack 11am

i decided that was that, i didnt go and buy anymore, and never have.

the temptation is there sometimes, it still gets to me but after 5mins the craving goes, every morning i wake up and give myself a pat on the back.

im glad to say too ive had no patch's or gum to replace the cigs

ive done this out of sheer determination not just for my own health, but for my family

my house and clothes smell fresh, my purse alittle fuller and my breathing is much better.

tips

dont keep any cigs in the house

keep a pen in your hand

when you want a cig, go and do something else, keep occupied

each day is an achievement.......and good luck

been trying for around 2 years now, most I've gone is a few months :(

Im determined to stop, I just need to pick the moment..

Good on you. Been "clean" myself since new year and like you, something happened to give me a reason, to bolster the willpower that I'd been short on previously. You HAVE to WANT to stop more than you want the cigarette.

On the tips though, I do know one smoker who has his baccy tin on the side with 3 (now completely dry and unsmokable) cigs rolled, and a lighter. He's happier knowing that it's not that he CAN'T have one, that if he does want one, he can, but that he chooses not to. And has chosen that for about 3 years.

I think it's different for everyone.

you deffinately need to want to do it. if you have managed a few months you can do it.

it takes roughly 10 days for the nicotine to be out of your system.

even though we all say we smoke through stress:rolleyes: we may think we do.....smoking increasess blood pressure

go on you can do it:)

another tip although not nice

jam jar filled with tab ends and a bit of water, everytime you fancy a puff on a cig....take a whiff:gag:, then go and throw up all that gunk thats on your chest:hihi:

been trying for around 2 years now, most I've gone is a few months :(

Im determined to stop, I just need to pick the moment..

Do it for binty .....:hihi: that should stir things up..

Do it for binty .....:hihi: that should stir things up..

Im trying :hihi:

Firstly nice one graba :thumbsup:

You HAVE to WANT to stop more than you want the cigarette.

:(

That's my down fall.

I only want to stop to save me some money. :)

you deffinately need to want to do it. if you have managed a few months you can do it.

it takes roughly 10 days for the nicotine to be out of your system.

even though we all say we smoke through stress:rolleyes: we may think we do.....smoking increasess blood pressure

go on you can do it:)

its actually 3 days. after 72 hours all nicotine is completley out of the body & its not physical withdrawal you feel its the mental withdrawal.

i agree that you really do have to WANT to quit fully. i had a lot going on in my life when i quit. i wasnt happy in myself & i blamed cigs, hated them so stopped & i havent looked back since. i've been stopped for 7 months & a day.

Ive quit since october and honestly i feel so much better health wise now. Except all the smokers are around me because they say i have been reborn, as i am constantly nagging them to quit too!

I last had a fag 2nd July 2006 after smoking 20 a day. I think about it occasionally

I quit about this time in 2005 a 20 a day habbit and I still occasionally could have a smoke most of the time I am fine but just every so often I really fancy one does this ever go?