Speed Camera on Carlisle Street yesterday (Monday 28th)

It is so easy to accidentally go over the limit on Carlisle street with it being a long straight road.. Yes there are the idiots who use it like a motorway but I have noticed my speed slip up to 40 on the odd occasion or so..

Despite the fact the surface of Carlisle Street is crumbling due to the huge wagons that trundle along it all day, it is possible to drive safely along it at 40mph.

Why? Because it's a long straight road with very good visibility, nearly devoid of cyclists and pedestrians.

Could any local law enforcement officers tell us how many pedestrians have been injured on Carlisle Street after being hit by motorists?

Don't Attercliffe, Brightside and Darnall have enough social problems, with thieving pikies, red-light areas and a drugs trade?

Clearly not!

The speed camera signs only went up after the resurfaced half the road.. Why the hell only resurface half of it! Probably so they could stick some bloody camera signs up.

mansfield road in walesbar yesterday.

Speed camera which is fixed, understandable.

70m down road, camera van!

love it!

although speed limits are there to stick to but who does all the time? :lol:

Some of us travel well in excess of 150,000 miles a year and can't take the chance of breaking the speed limit because even though we do it as proffesional drivers we are only allowed to pick up the same number of points on our licences as those who only do a few hundred yards a week on the school run before we are banned and lose our jobs. Even though I stick to the limits I can usualy read the road better than others and make far better progress using a lot less fuel.

There was a bike copper with a speed gun down there a few weeks back not too far from the petrol station.

There was a bike copper with a speed gun down there a few weeks back not too far from the petrol station.

Are they building a private housing estate down there or summat? That's the only reason I can think of why John Law is giving this ares such "attention"

Let me know if this copper has gone please. I always speed on Carlisle street on my way to work so I need to know the road conditions are ok.

:hihi:

It is a good road for getting up some speed.

I noticed the van there yesterday too, only in the distance though as I joined Carlisle Street further up.

One thing I would say is that it stuck out like a sore thumb, even from a distance, and as Carlisle Street is a virtually straight road anyone who didn't notice it and got caught probably shouldn't be on the roads anyway.

The money raised by fines taken from drivers who choose to break the law is ring-fenced and is used to pay for the staff and equipment for safety camera operations.

The police do not make any revenue from speed enforcement.

I bet you still believe in the tooth fairy don't you. The rest goes to the fxxking government who give it back to our council to help repairing the roads. Something which they are no good at

In the interest of road safety I would like to point out that there was a mobile speed camera on Carlisle Street yesterday afternoon so I guess it might be there all week.

I was interested to know why it is not listed on the Safety camera web site as being at that location, I was under the impression that in the interest of safety they announce the locations and according to the web it's on Chesterfield Road or the one towards Hillsborough, then I noticed that it also says that it could actually be anywhere! So that site is a complete load of tosh, totally pointless and a waste of more money!

http://www.safetycamera.org/default2.aspx?CF=where

And the first person to bleat on about 'if you don't speed you won't have anything to worry about' shall be cursed and suffer a tedious and painful death!

So don't bloody bother.

:)

I ran into 2 of them today and yesterday. PRICKS!