Speed Camera on Carlisle Street yesterday (Monday 28th)

In the interest of road safety I would like to point out that there was a mobile speed camera on Carlisle Street yesterday afternoon so I guess it might be there all week.

I was interested to know why it is not listed on the Safety camera web site as being at that location, I was under the impression that in the interest of safety they announce the locations and according to the web it's on Chesterfield Road or the one towards Hillsborough, then I noticed that it also says that it could actually be anywhere! So that site is a complete load of tosh, totally pointless and a waste of more money!

http://www.safetycamera.org/default2.aspx?CF=where

And the first person to bleat on about 'if you don't speed you won't have anything to worry about' shall be cursed and suffer a tedious and painful death!

So don't bloody bother.

:)

If you don't speed you won't have anything to worry about.

If you don't speed you won't have anything to worry about.

A painful death would be too good for you!

:mad:

It seems like the list is only courtesy, since it says "South Yorkshire Police reserves the right to enforce speed limits on any road at any time".

Aye, that's why I'll have a pain free one (probably you running me over in your fast car!) :hihi::P:hihi::D

It seems like the list is only courtesy, since it says "South Yorkshire Police reserves the right to enforce speed limits on any road at any time".

So it's actually quite deceptive, they get to rake in even more free money! It seems that mobile sites don't need to be at accident black spots either as I can't see Carlisle steet being especially dangerous.

Robbing gets!

:mad:

Aye, that's why I'll have a pain free one (probably you running me over in your fast car!) :hihi::P:hihi::D

You should buy my fast car then you would be safe! Everyone else would be in grave danger but you would be safe!

Ah, don'tcha just love the pomposity of official statements: Never mind "Reserve the right ..." - it's their bloody job!

I wouldn't put it past them to put the cameras a few hundred yards down the advertised locations, to catch you when you've passed the area and think you're safe!

I can't see the point of advertising the camera locations. I don't see the same service for burglars or child snatchers.

So that site is a complete load of tosh, totally pointless and a waste of more money!

And the first person to bleat on about 'if you don't speed you won't have anything to worry about' shall be cursed and suffer a tedious and painful death!

So don't bloody bother.

:)

That site is unreliable and is a trick to make people think that the cameras will not be in certain other favoured places. I don't know how many vans they have in Sheffield but I have seen one snapping away on Rivelin Valley Rd by the fire station and then another on Halifax Rd a few minutes later. I often wonder what sort of cretin a person has to be to do that for a living, sitting alone in the dark waiting to catch and annoy some unsuspecting driver.

I think they ought to put up permanant camaras on Carlisle Strret, there are far too many idiots using it as a drag strip.

It is so easy to accidentally go over the limit on Carlisle street with it being a long straight road.. Yes there are the idiots who use it like a motorway but I have noticed my speed slip up to 40 on the odd occasion or so..

I do always try and stick to speed limits.. It took me too long to get my licence so daren't risk losing it!