Help! cant get past the user login screen

When i boot up normally, my pc gets to the windows screen with the user select , but when i click it, it takes aaaages to go to desktop, then freezes on desktop before my icons appear.

Ive tried system restore to a month before todays date in safe mode but still nothing working.... ive also cleaned out all my temporary files and internet stuff

any ideas on how i can fix this?

if you fire task manager up ( ctrl alt del )and log your user out then re log in from welcome screen it will work, but there is a virus behind it, and i would take a stab at vundo, download latest virus updates and also a program called vundo fix then boot into safe mode and run them.

good luck

if you fire task manager up ( ctrl alt del )and log your user out then re log in from welcome screen it will work, but there is a virus behind it, and i would take a stab at vundo, download latest virus updates and also a program called vundo fix then boot into safe mode and run them.

good luck

Ive done a full system scan and its picked up a windows file as high risk.

So in safe mode, i deleted the file and rebooted my machine in normal boot, i managed to get past the blue welcome screen but my desktop items wern't loading properly and my desktop still froze. So ive done a system restore to get back that file.

when i did the free norton scan i got this result:

Trojan Horse

Virus ID: 25464

Risk: High

Categories: Virus

State: Unhandled

-----------

Infection:

c:\windows\sysloader32v.dll

Browser Cache

anybody know what i can do?

when i did the free norton scan i got this result:

Trojan Horse

Virus ID: 25464

Risk: High

Categories: Virus

State: Unhandled

-----------

Infection:

c:\windows\sysloader32v.dll

Browser Cache

anybody know what i can do?

Perform a live scan from Panda

^^^^

ive done that online scan and deleted the infected files but pc seemed to still be in same condition, however, i turned it on today.... and it works! :D:confused:

thanks for your help :thumbsup: