Complaining to supertram

I don't work for supertram,but i do work in public transport,and I stand by my statement that 95% of public transport users are brain dead.

As a frequent user of public transport, I hope you don't have anything to do with your customers/users with an opinion like that. :shakes: Whilst I agree that some passengers don't make sharing a bus or tram pleasant for others, thankfully they are still in the minority.

I would guess the average IQ on the tram from Middlewood at rush hour is fairly high, people intelligent enough to use a park and ride, and not have to find and pay for town centre parking when they are at their (often highly paid) jobs. I know of at least one chief executive and several senior managers who travel regularly by tram!

One of the main problems for the majority of passengers is having to travel with the ill-mannered, anti-social minority. Why don't the transport companies come up with a realistic strategy to deal with them? I suppose if senior management think like you, then they don't think we're worth bothering about. :(

But it wasnt abandonment one parent was on one side of the doors and one was on the other side, so whichever way the young girl would have gone she would have been with one of her parents. A lot of the drivers are still there and if they are new drivers you havent met how can you judge they are twonks lol:)

LOL: Hi debs!!!! What I meant was ONE SINGLE mention of separation to those high and mighty Ivory tower folk, who never get they're hands mucky anyway, would be enough for warning/ reminder to go out officially to all drivers. Then hopefully no-on will have the need to complain for a few weeks at least.:hihi:

You know the problems travelling with the great unwashed! (er some NOT all)They don't realise or understand, they take it the driver has x-ray vision at all times and can predict the future.

Stand by the statement that SOME not ALL drivers are indeed hybrid cross between a twit and a plonker.:D

May I point out that some parents have actually done this on purpose in the past, repeated attempts, not just one off's. Just to try to gain compo. You must NOT give em an excuse, so be aware at all times, if anything goes wrong it's always the driver that gets the flack for it. Not fair.

The majority of people that use public transport are morons anyway.

as opposed to people with a social and enviromental conscience?

Interesting that you think most people on public transport are morons. Would you care to elaborate upon this thinking please?

I don't work for supertram,but i do work in public transport,and I stand by my statement that 95% of public transport users are brain dead.

I see your point about waiting for people to get off,but tram doors are wide enough for alighters and boarders to use at the same time.

Yes case in point! The 95% that are The great unwashed, brain dead, morons, you just try and explain the technical stuff regarding the daily running of a public transport company to them:suspect:

You just get that blank look and more abuse, can't pay fare, won't pay fare, could not give a damn about other people, spit, swear, you name it we've had it all and we are still expected to smile:hihi:

Sad but true!

The high IQ ones or folk with at least half a brain are the ones that are a pleasure to work with, no problems always polite and do understand the problems faced.

No, but I've worked with Civil Servants before; now they're a bunch of nobs

and they are like civil servants how?

Also please expand upon your expert knowledge of civil servants. I would love to hear what you have to say in your intellectual and eloquent way.

what amazing debating skills you have. I am guessing your contact with civil servants was when you were picking up your giro!

So you are a bus driver then? Ah the most intteligent group of people in any type of work. They all have such amazing social and personal skills I can see why you are above the rest of society.

The fact that the public may not engage you in intelligent debate may be more to do with your glazed expression and lack of social skills, rather than them being brain dead.

People in glass houses.................. (actually the rest of that should be that people in glass houses SHOULD throw stones if they need to escape but other people shouldn't as someone may get hurt)

So you are a bus driver then? Ah the most intteligent group of people in any type of work. They all have such amazing social and personal skills I can see why you are above the rest of society.

The fact that the public may not engage you in intelligent debate may be more to do with your glazed expression and lack of social skills, rather than them being brain dead.

People in glass houses.................. (actually the rest of that should be that people in glass houses SHOULD throw stones if they need to escape but other people shouldn't as someone may get hurt)

So I cant't generalise about numpty passengers,but,in your opinion,every bus driver has a "glazed expression and a lack of social skills."

Next time you are on a bus or tram,see how many people get on,who catch the same service every day,and have their money/pass stil in their bags/pockets,and don't know where they are going or how much the fare is.

When you meet these people every day of the week,you realise how dim they are.

So I cant't generalise about numpty passengers,but,in your opinion,every bus driver has a "glazed expression and a lack of social skills."

Next time you are on a bus or tram,see how many people get on,who catch the same service every day,and have their money/pass stil in their bags/pockets,and don't know where they are going or how much the fare is.

When you meet these people every day of the week,you realise how dim they are.

Alright mate I agree to some extent. I was just being narky a little bit. Trams aren't so bad, but my recent experience of bus drivers (though limited) have been of rudeness and ignorance. Thats why I mentioned the glazed thing. I used a connection bus service to Stocksbridge (yes I know.....Stocksbridge?!?!?!?) and the driver was rude and seemed to struggle to form basic sentences.

I will also admit to referring to busses as peasant wagons so I apologise for being argumentative, but my recent experiences have been poor.

the tram, in my experience, has normally given a good level of customer service.

To back track slighly, I admit that there are bad people/workers in all jobs, and as I have mentioned in other posts (not on here) we tend to only remember the negative encounters and fforget the times we have received good or great service.

I will stop being a narky argumentative sod for now ;)

Point taken.

I work on the premise that you only get out of people what you put in,and try to be as helpful and as pleasant as I can.

Some people are beyond hope though.And some just put you in the depths of despair as soon as they grunt at you!

Also please expand upon your expert knowledge of civil servants. I would love to hear what you have to say in your intellectual and eloquent way.

what amazing debating skills you have. I am guessing your contact with civil servants was when you were picking up your giro!

Woah boy, who rattled your cage :D

I had a bad experience working with ex-civil servants many years ago; it scarred me for life (mentally). Then again, it did occur in the ******* city of L****, and they were all a bunch of pretentious nobs from Manchester anyway, so maybe that was the cause.

I hope that answers your question!

x

edit - why does it mask out the word ******* but not leeds :huh:

edit - why does it mask out the word ******* but not leeds :huh:

I dunno, My PC always spells it as l**ds

My dad was a bus driver for over 20 years and some of my friends are bus drivers and they are definitely not thick. So i take offence to that comment. They all have good social skills and have never had a glazed look when driving. My dad also brought me up to respect people and my surroundings especially on public transport.