Complaining to supertram

The majority of people that use public transport are morons anyway.

Debating standards on here make you proud to be from Sheffield, don't they :roll:

This is true, there are sensors on the doors but they are within the rubber edges of the door and have to shut almost completely in order to sense an object trapped. This is of no consolation to a small child!

probably the stagecoach should upgrade the sensor system on the doors??

The driver was probably keen to get a move on and set the doors to close so that the warning sounded, therefore encouraging you to hurry up. Whether they stand and chat or smoke at a terminus (or anywhere for that matter) is irrelevant - I doubt they are going to waste time deliberately while a tram stands so as to make people rush to board, similarly I doubt they will wait around chatting without being mindful of the time the tram is due to leave. It's unfortunate you got separated and I'm not saying the driver was right or that you were at fault. But as previously posted, some tram passengers can draw out the process of boarding!

Mind you to say all public transport users are morons is a little extreme and highly inaccurate!

Mind you to say all public transport users are morons is a little extreme and highly inaccurate!

Never worked with the Sheffield travelling public then?

Never worked with the Sheffield travelling public then?

No, but I've worked with Civil Servants before; now they're a bunch of nobs

Em just to point out my child wasn't having a tantrum or anything but was standing on a buggy board that we couldn't manouvre onto the tram and didn't understand that we needed her to get off so picking her up was exactly what i was doing.

I don't really know how people can judge what i described and put me in the wrong, yes i might be a bit slower getting on than your average person because A) My mother taught me manners so i always wait until beople have finished getting off and B) I have 2 very small children to contend with and am doing my best my daughter is remarkably well behaved. If the people who wrote in favour of supertram are in fact working for them i think i for one will be taking my car into town in the future. Although i must add that i have always found all of the conductors to be very pleasant and helpful.

If this is the third time it has happened,shouldn't you be a bit more careful?

There is a beep that warns you that the doors are closing.

Trams are on a timetable and can't be hangig aroung for dopey women to make up their minds if they are getting on or not.

By the way, i frequently travel by train and bus and have yet to be caught in the door either.

I don't work for supertram,but i do work in public transport,and I stand by my statement that 95% of public transport users are brain dead.

I see your point about waiting for people to get off,but tram doors are wide enough for alighters and boarders to use at the same time.

Not with a large hubby, a pram buggy board and 3 year old sorry but i stiil think its polite to wait. I have been astounded by how polite, friendly people all rush aboard trams and lifts in this city (although still like to que for buses ??).

Just wondering if its worth complaining about supertram drivers. I was getting on the tram today with my baby and 3 year old and OH, 3 year old was acting up a little so it took me a few secs and i mean secs to get her on but the tram driver shut the doors on me with my little girl getting stuck in the doors me on the outside and Daddy on inside trying to stop the doors whilst hang on to pram. It all happened very fast and i was really shaken and absolutely furious. We were at the first set of doors by the driver and i could see him watching in his mirror. When we were on, i said it to the conductor and he said he would have a word with the driver but the whole time we were on he never did.

The thing is this is the 3rd time this has happened the first they closed the doors on my pram another i was right behind my friend with a pram and they shut the doors on me when she was already on. On none of these occassions have i been running for a tram and jumped on late but i do like to be polite and make sure everyone is off before i get on. I have previously complained to supertram but they were very dismissive and i never heard anything back but this time they could have seriously hurt my child she got a really big fright. Any Advice?

If it was the third time it has happened maybe you ought to take more care and attention about what you are doing, the tram runs to a timetable and cant be waiting about all day for people to decide to get on.

So an extra 5 seconds that it would take the lady in question to board is really going to affect revenue? Even if this couple of seconds delay occurred at every stop (unlikely) it wouldn't equate to costing the company money.

Maybe if tram drivers were a little quicker when their shifts finished & have to change over instead of having a chat, maybe I'd understand.

I don't use the tram all too often but I was pleasently surprised when I did last week, I had to run for the tram & was just about to miss it when a nice conductor stepped outside & waited 'til I run (panted) on.

If it is constantly late then stagecoach can get fined by the pte, so yes it would cost the company money.

Regarding chatting during change over, it would be a bit hard to have a silent change over and surely you would want the driver taking over to know of any hazards on route that would affect your journey.

This is true, there are sensors on the doors but they are within the rubber edges of the door and have to shut almost completely in order to sense an object trapped. This is of no consolation to a small child!

The driver has a very good view via the mirrors down the length of the outer tram but it only really covers the outside, once a passenger has set foot on the tram the driver can't actually see you, unless he then looks in the rear view which is limited toward the back of the tram.

Yes it would be worth a complain to supertram to ensure drivers are aware of this, as it sounds like a lapse in concentration to me.

The driver should really double check before pressing the button in the cab to close the doors.

They take abandonment very seriously so please mention there was a small child involved! Meaning child becomes seperated from parent and tram drives off.

I don't know it's a few years since I worked for these and it sounds like they took some real twonks on since I left.

All rush and no proper customer care.

But it wasnt abandonment one parent was on one side of the doors and one was on the other side, so whichever way the young girl would have gone she would have been with one of her parents. A lot of the drivers are still there and if they are new drivers you havent met how can you judge they are twonks lol:)