Sign in to follow this  

More advertising?

Okay - we are on with the Sheffield Fayre thing and the possibility of advertising the Sheffield forum.

I have another question - anyone fancy the London Marathon??? I am seriously considering applying to raise money for local conservation Sheffield forum could get some advertising in on my back if you like. Would be interested in any other nutcases who would come with me too.

I have managed to persuade another pagan mum in Sheffield - but we are a bit nervous to say the least.

moon

NO WAY, running is a deffo NO. I will cycle if they'd let me though!

what about jogging? or fast walking then DB :D

I haven't done any running since I left school so I am doomed if I don't start training soon.

Moon

Nah, too much like hard work... I like the idea of building up speed and then free wheeling for a bit!

Originally posted by Moon Maiden

Okay - we are on with the Sheffield Fayre thing and the possibility of advertising the Sheffield forum.

I have another question - anyone fancy the London Marathon??? I am seriously considering applying to raise money for local conservation Sheffield forum could get some advertising in on my back if you like. Would be interested in any other nutcases who would come with me too.

I have managed to persuade another pagan mum in Sheffield - but we are a bit nervous to say the least.

moon

The problem with the London Marathon is that it's difficult to gain entry. I ran it in 1995 for the Samaritans. The only guaranteed way of getting in is normally is to run it for a charity whom get guaranteed places. Having said that there are some people who apply and get lucky. No need to be nervous, as long as you give yourself ample preparation time...I used to put in 4 months @ 70 miles per week training but I was running for a time. If you are just fun running then as long as you put the miles in at your own pace your legs should be ok.

I was considering teh Forestry Commission - mainly because they have local groups who raise money for charity - like Rivelin VAlley for example.

I would like to raise money for pagan groups - but there are none registered as charities.

I know local athletics groups get guaranteed places too.

Moon

Why not do the Sheffield Marathon? It runs past your shop, I think, so you could pop in for a spell if you run out of steam.

Where do I find out about that then Maxt??

Moon

Originally posted by maxt

Why not do the Sheffield Marathon? It runs past your shop, I think, so you could pop in for a spell if you run out of steam.

The problem with the Sheffield Marathon is that there is no prestiege. I have ran it 3 times and the support was very dismal. Sometimes the support and atmosphere is what keeps people going through the pain. Also, the volunteer helpers went home and everything shut down so god help you if you were still out on the track. Most people in Sheffield generally do the half marathon, when it gets to the latter stages the runners are few and far between doing the full one and it's very lonely.

How about the Wildlife Trusts, MoonMaiden. We're a charity:lol:

Sorry, I'm just not a runner. I'd only trip over my shoes or the curb or someone elses foot and end up on my face.

Or just die attempting to do 50 metres, more likely:lol: :lol:

But I'll sponsor you - especially if you run for TWTs:P

I'm doing the Dublin Marathon at the end of October, and I'm not convinced its the easiest way of raising funds. Although I'm running for a reasonably high profile charity - Alzheimer's Society - and most people have some personal contact with dementia, its still a struggle to get sponsorship, despite my own handicap, a huge beer gut!

I'm also doing a Postal Quiz as a fundraiser and in many ways something like this is easier to get a message across as well as raise money - but I'll keep you posted.

Well I have a few sponsors already should I get accepted for the London one - applying should help too.

Most of the pagan communities are pledging their suppport because of the 'nature' of the charities.

Moon