Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

Monday night? Our house too. Our dog woke us up at 1am going crazy at the front door.

Sorry to hear that

Hmmmn...I saw a group of 'youths' hanging around the entrance to the pale brick flats on Monday c 6pm. I noticed cos there were about 7 of them and they all sat under the porch way of the flats...I thought it was a bit odd and made sure the front door was locked when I went in

Could they be involved?

Hello neighbourinos, someone attempted to burglarise our house a couple of days ago. Fortunately they were unable to get in and nothing taken, but highlighted the vulnerability of the locks fitted, which are very easy to snap. We've upgraded to the latest ABS locks and secure handles. Also heard that some other house was burgled a few days ago in the estate, and they drove away the car.

Looks like a professional gang as they seem to be targeting houses with nice cars and come prepared wearing gloves etc, as police confirmed after fingerprint dusting that the culprits were wearing gloves!

Keep your alarms on, secure your doors and windows and please do be safe.

Oh, the bloke who sorted our locks + handles did a decent job at a decent price. Let me know if you want his contact details if you plan to upgrade yours.

---------- Post added 14-11-2013 at 08:59 ----------

Also, anyone in the estate got a ladder willing to lend it to us / give us a hand for a few minutes to adjust some settings on the security light?

Thanks much.

How much were the locks if you don't mind me asking? Could you send me details please? Cheers.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 27-11-2013 at 20:51 ----------

Hi Myrtle people. Same story as Nirvana - someone tried to get into us last night. They didn't manage thankfully but still. Again we also now have the latest anti snap locks and handles. Take care folks.

Sorry to hear that Moosey - saw cops at yours while I went out y'day - glad all is safe. Apologies my account was not working for a while and was unable to post here.

Neighbours, our locks and handles were upgraded to latest anti snap ones and it cost us £230 for 3 handles + 3 locks (2 for patio door and 1 for main door). The gent who did ours also did our neighbours and his prices seemed reasonable (I was quoted £353 by another company for the same job)

If you need the details of the locksmith please let me know.

Please be safe - keep your security lights and alarms on and your mobile phone handy just in case.

Seen police again this morning heading down the bottom of the close. Hope not another one!

Hi everyone!

So I'm moving to Sheffield soon and am considering renting a flat on Myrtle Road. I just wondered if anyone could let me know what the area is like? The flat is near the chinese and premier shop. Any info would be much appreciated!

Mod Note

Merged with Existing thread on this subject,

Please use the Search facility before posting a new thread.

Hi everyone!

So I'm moving to Sheffield soon and am considering renting a flat on Myrtle Road. I just wondered if anyone could let me know what the area is like? The flat is near the chinese and premier shop. Any info would be much appreciated!

Is this the flats right next to the shop? Quite new?

If so then I'd personally not be keen. The shops attract quite a lot of kids as do many shops. You'd get a fair bit of noise quite late and might get some hassle from the kids hanging round.

I personally would rather look at the flats on the new builds 100 yards down the road.

Is this the flats right next to the shop? Quite new?

If so then I'd personally not be keen. The shops attract quite a lot of kids as do many shops. You'd get a fair bit of noise quite late and might get some hassle from the kids hanging round.

I personally would rather look at the flats on the new builds 100 yards down the road.

Agree with Moosey, there are 2 for sale just up near us at the back of the estate. The ones near the shop have been almost empty since they were finished, there's probably a reason for that...

Hi, Neighbours!

Any news on burglaries? Our front door has been tampered with.

Hi there

Nothing up this way (touch wood).

How was it tampered with, if you dont mind me asking?

Hi All,

My first post on this website. Thank you for excellent information.

We are a couple family and lived in Sheffield close to city center for more than 4 years. We are considering buying a property in the residential area of Myrtle Drive, Myrtle Crescent, Myrtle Close.

Could you please suggest/comment about the locality? What are the disadvantages of living in this locality? Any major crime/antisocial behaviour etc?

It will be very kind of you if you can contribute some time and comment on the above .Looking forward for your response.

Thank you for your time.:)