Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

Touch wood it seems ok and has been for a while. Had a few chav kids, but they are just kids. Most people will admit that we were all a little daft initially, leaving stuff on view in cars etc. Most new estates have a crime spate initially I'm told.

Plus we're in reasonably regular contact with the PCSOs at Woodseats, who have been really helpful, and they know where we are.

I like it anyway. Wouldnt recommend leaving stuff on view in your car, but that's the same anywhere.

Thanks

Have you had many house break ins or has it tended to be cars? we live in quite a nice area now but it hasn' stopped our car getting broken into. I also notice you were trying to set up neighbourhood watch, is his in place? would be good to know for the home insurance.

Think there was one or maybe two houses. A few cars, but the common theme was people leaving stuff on display (me included). Sheds are a popular target for kids too. I think thats the same anywhere though.

Well my car's been ok parked outside the apartments for 18 months, and the estate is very quiet.

I've been reading this thread with great interest as my girlfriend and I have just paid a reservation for a Carlton property on the Viewpoint Development.

We love the house (or our mound of dirt as it currently stands) and the immediate estate looks welcoming and well planned. After reading about local kids, breakins and vandalism I was wondering whether there has been any improvement in recent months? As more properties are completed and become occupied is it generally becoming safer?

It's not going to put us off as we love the property and we're sure everyone will pitch in and watch each others backs. Has the neighbourhood watch scheme taken off?

When we finally move in we'll be sure to invite everyone round to sit in our furniturless lounge and enjoy a beer or two!! :)

As many of us have said on this thread, it's great. The kids just haven't been a problem, there were a few break ins at the start because ppl left things on display in their cars. I don't know of any vandalism at all.

Welcome to Viewpoint!

Thanks fanfa, we're just counting down the days now!

Just wondered how everyone is getting on up in Viewpoint? Has anyone moved into the recently built Elton's? If so, how have you settled in?

Still got 8 weeks before our completion date..... just waiting for a roof at the minute!

now heres a long shot.....anyone got a printer and can print something for me in the next half hour?! my ink has run out (even though i just put new cartridge in)....its only a chiquitos voucher but my friend and i NEED nachos!

Has anyone any experience of the Assisted Sale that George Wimpey do? I am interested in this and would appreciate hearing anyone's experiences.

I am not interested in their part ex scheme, just the assisted sale scheme.

Thanks

Edited by lafemme51

The scheme I am asking about might actually be called Easy Mover - anyone any experience?

Anybody know what the Reservation fee is?

Also, if you buy without any assistance from them (ie assisted sale or part-ex etc), what can you haggle for?

I have seen people have had carpets - what else should I be haggling for and be able to get - any upgrade on any kitchen fittings??

When you buy through normal process with no help from them, do they reduce the purchase price by 5% and then not give you any carpets etc.

Sorry for questions but I have no idea and few people on forum seem to have got different things out of them.....which is all very valuable info to have!