Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

I'm sure it will work out. They're as keen to sell as you are to buy. Remember that when you're haggling for free stuff!

We got loads of out them. Free everything!

They will say its not possible, but they'll do everything they can to get you in that house.

Well, i'm wanting to get the carpets included with the price, and the stainless steal hob, we aren't wanting a dishwasher, so I want that space making into an extra cupboard, outdoor tap, and security system. :hihi: Cheeky, eh??

We got....

1. carpets

2. curtains

3. conveyancing

4. lawn

5. 10k off the house price

6. outside tap

7. 10k added to the guaranteed sale price of our old house

8. removal fees of £400

9. cupboards in place of dishwasher

I think that was about it. We did fairly well though!

We got....

1. carpets

2. curtains

3. conveyancing

4. lawn

5. 10k off the house price

6. outside tap

7. 10k added to the guaranteed sale price of our old house

8. removal fees of £400

9. cupboards in place of dishwasher

I think that was about it. We did fairly well though!

How did you manage £10k off the house price???? Might have a try at that :thumbsup:

The removal fees and legal fees are included in the part exchange scheme, so thats covered. Didn't realise about the curtains!! Haha - thanks Moosey - you've given me a few good ideas for when we go back!!

Also try for....

Outside light

Gate on the fence

Chrome door furniture rather than brass

spots in the ceiling rather than dangly light things (I dont know their name!)

We didnt get those but I had a bloody good go!

Say hello when you move in. Everyone's lovely on the development. Some really nice people.

Yeah, just been saying to hubby for us to make of list of ideals that we would like to have included in the asking price, and decide whats more important. Carpets, curtains and security are the main ones for me, but will try for as much as poss!!

Plus, hubs has just said that if we don't get the valuation we really want for our house, we are going to see if they will up their deposit contributions, can only try I suppose.

Which plot number are you? Don't know whether you still have the plot layout info, but the one we are going for is 167. Hubs is dead excited cos i've been saying for a while that if we have a garage with our next house, he can have a dart board in it. And it comes with a garage!!! Haha

Dont know which plot is which now. If you're next to the office, I know exactly where you are.

Your house will be same as ours. Its easily big enough! The "study" could easily be a fourth bedroom, and the master is a good size, except if you're tall. I got lumped with the sloping side of the bed, and being 6'3", I do occasionally bang my head, but the houses in general are great.

Plus you'll love not having proper roads or pavements for 18 months ;)

Haha!! The joys of new developments!! Hubs already has the study marked as the computer room and wants a massive book shelf for all his star wars books - ha!

Its bigger than our current house!! Its a 2 bed ex council, so decent sized really, but we are after our family home now. This place has served its purpose, got us on the property ladder, etc, but i've got itchy feet now.

Exactly the same as us.

From a 2 bed ex council (that cost me £30k - good old days) in Stocky, up to here.

I use that one as a computer room as well, except my computer died today, so now its laptop only.

Exactly the same as us.

From a 2 bed ex council (that cost me £30k - good old days) in Stocky, up to here.

I use that one as a computer room as well, except my computer died today, so now its laptop only.

Being nosey now - whats gas and electric prices like?? Won't have the radiators on in the 2 bedrooms much really, only when we have guests. They feel like they hold heat really well?

Please excuse my blatant sexism here.

You, as a lady, will think the house is cold, even though the cat has shaved itself and is forging its own house key from old litter, in a bid to escape. Hubby will agree with the cat.

Thats my experience anyway. My missus thinks its cold, although in reality, its hotter than most tropical islands. I'd say just try it out and see, but I personally think its always always warm in here. Bills are about 90 a month combined with scottish power.

Hmmm, about what we are paying now. But our current house is all open plan, so we lose so much heat.

Nope, not me thats always cold, its hubby! I have the sense to wrap up in the blanket if i'm cold, unlike my old man! And the cat? He's not bothered as long as he's got a belly full of food - ha!

"even though the cat has shaved itself and is forging its own house key from old litter"

Lol @ Moosey :)

I live in one of the flats and it is toasty all the time. Even when the heating is off, it's regularly at 19.5 degrees!! My combined bill is £45 a month, but I live in a much smaller place!

I love the attic bedroom in the Camden - beautiful

Hope all goes well for you - it is lovely round here x