Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

I saw some older chavvy lads climbing into the gardens of the houses that overlook Myrtle Road last week, near to the Ball pub. Somebody must have spotted them because they were shouting abuse as they climbed back over.

It looked like they'd got onto the wall via the steps on Myrtle Road, but I noticed today that they've been fenced off more securely now.

Thre is a meeting scheduled @ 8pm this wednesday (29 Oct) @ 50 Myrtle Close. You might have seen a letter put through your mailbox by Jodie.

This will be an open forum to discuss issues we are facing in the estate, and collectively go to Wimpey to get the gennel closed off from Myrtle Road (They have opened it up to the public now).

Please make your best efforts to be there.

Thanks

I shall be there however I personally think the gennels should be left open. Closing them will just mean people climb through my garden to get through the estate, and I will do everything to stop that. Sorry if people don't agree.

Why is this development often addressed as Heeley when it is in the heart of Arbourthorne?

Similarly, Huntsman Chase (Which is in Parson Cross - there is a sign outside saying "Welcome to Parson Cross") is advertised in Telegraph as "Near Ecclesfield"

Can the developers not be done for misleading the public?

Thre is a meeting scheduled @ 8pm this wednesday (29 Oct) @ 50 Myrtle Close. You might have seen a letter put through your mailbox by Jodie.

This will be an open forum to discuss issues we are facing in the estate, and collectively go to Wimpey to get the gennel closed off from Myrtle Road (They have opened it up to the public now).

Please make your best efforts to be there.

Thanks

Is this the gennel that runs between Lichford Road and the Ball Inn?

If so, this is a public footpath - which are notoriously difficult to get closed. Legally, if a footpath is in use (and I happen to be aware of someone who lives on Myrtle Road who regularly uses this footpath to visit relatives in Arbourthorne) then I need to advise you that you stand next to no chance of getting this footpath closed.

A footpath can be closed on grounds of anti-social behaviour but (and this really is a BIG BUT....) an alternative route must be established for any regular user of such a footpath AND it would be legally necessary to declare the locality a designated crime area.

Sheffield City Council has not adopted the legislation to close a footpath on the grounds of anti-social behaviour because it is recognised that it would probably be nigh on impossible for anyone to sell their home as it would be necessary to include this information in a seller's HIP pack.

Is this the gennel that runs between Lichford Road and the Ball Inn?

If so, this is a public footpath - which are notoriously difficult to get closed. Legally, if a footpath is in use (and I happen to be aware of someone who lives on Myrtle Road who regularly uses this footpath to visit relatives in Arbourthorne) then I need to advise you that you stand next to no chance of getting this footpath closed.

A footpath can be closed on grounds of anti-social behaviour but (and this really is a BIG BUT....) an alternative route must be established for any regular user of such a footpath AND it would be legally necessary to declare the locality a designated crime area.

Sheffield City Council has not adopted the legislation to close a footpath on the grounds of anti-social behaviour because it is recognised that it would probably be nigh on impossible for anyone to sell their home as it would be necessary to include this information in a seller's HIP pack.

No, this is the gennell inside the estate - which leads from myrtle road into myrtle close.

I always thought this was Heeley, as there is a big 'Welcome to Heeley' board down the road on Myrtle Road.. but I am new to sheffield, so I might be wrong...

any one who has known sheffield for longer comment?

Its one of those "on the border" things.

No, this is the gennell inside the estate - which leads from myrtle road into myrtle close.

Thanks for the confirmation nirvana. I'll go and take a look at this for myself.

red

Hello neighbours. Wondering if anyone can help on this snowy day. My boyfriend and his colleague are stuck here with me. They work in worksop but it looks pretty pointless even trying to get there. But there colleagues have decided to risk life and limb by going in and have sent me some work for them to do, which is just a list of sales calls to make. Problem is, his pc is broken and i need mind. Has anyone got a printer that they dont mine us using to print off this work?

Edited by fabulous_girl

Sorry mine died :( If you want to email me some stuff I'll print it off at work tomorrow for you if thats any good?