Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

Looks like more building work has finally (re)started on the newer part. They've put a few fences up at least and I've seen a builder digging!

I hear Wimpey made a massive loss though last year - we're talking scary massive.

Posts removed - please stay on topic - do not turn this thread into a race debate.

Squabbling and abusive comments to others will not be tolerated

Posts removed - please stay on topic - do not turn this thread into a race debate.

Squabbling and abusive comments to others will not be tolerated

Draggletail...I was initially accused of being racist..which I most certainly am not.

Apologies for overreacting.

Anyone made any progress re Neighbourhood Watch?

Ill ask our neighbour- she'd be ideal :)

Or Dave at number 1 would be very good.

I fitted my new alarm today. I'm happier.

Excellent :)

Have just had a wee chat with our resident children on the green!!! They were actually quite polite. The boys aren't a problem, it's the blonde girl who has all the mouth. They climbed over the fence despite me asking them not to 'We're not bothering anyone'. Said they were when they were making a noise and it's not their property so they needed to get off. They walked to the end of the grass then climbed back over and went on their way.

Am I being cynical, or should I be expecting rocks at my window tonight!? lol

Well done fanfa. I'm just about to go home from work and I don't want to be bothered by those little gits all night!

What I want to know is, why do they only hang around Friday-Sunday??

Perhaps their parents are out Fri - Sat evenings?!

To be fair, when they were on the grass, a kid from over the road was screaming at them that they weren't allowed and they'd get into trouble! So their parents must be telling them not to go on the grass!

I've found this

http://www.synwa.moonfruit.com/#/howtojoin/4522026225

Is anyone here willing to become the Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator?

I've sent off for further information

I can take this up if no one else volunteers - But I have to mention that I wont be available at all times as I work wierd shifts.

Probably it would be wise for us to have a residents' meeting and see how many are interested to participate in the scheme ? (Although I am sure almost everyone on the estate would be happy to be 'in')

Please keep us posted on further developments.

I can take this up if no one else volunteers - But I have to mention that I wont be available at all times as I work wierd shifts.

Probably it would be wise for us to have a residents' meeting and see how many are interested to participate in the scheme ? (Although I am sure almost everyone on the estate would be happy to be 'in')

Please keep us posted on further developments.

Hi,

Would be interested in joining the scheme... at the moment would be 2 busy to c0-ordintate... beginning of term time etc....

Any more information on neighbourhood watch?

Also, I saw an Autoglass van in the estate a couple of days back (entrance to myrtle crescent).. any other break-in reported?