Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

Thanks for that supportive comment Sarah.

For what it's worth, I love my flat and it's the best area I could afford.

Fabulous neighbours too

yeah we're good round here. so grateful to my neighbours that heard the smash and rang 999.

the police have just been. totally forgot about neighbourhood watch, what an idiot i am. the fingerprint lady just left, she got a print off the door frame, hopefully something will come of it. i mentioned that when our car got broken into we didnt bother reporting it, and she said its always worth doing so, so bear thatin mind if you're unfortunate enough to get broken into. we didnt because it was just a faff at the time.

just after they left we noticed that our Nintendo DS was missing too, i suddenly remembered that it had been there, boyf wanted to play in the absence of his laptop. so thats annoying. it was in a case that i got in Hong Kong, the case wasnt valuable but its not easily replacable.

Thanks for that supportive comment Sarah.

For what it's worth, I love my flat and it's the best area I could afford.

Fabulous neighbours too

sorry didnt mean to offend - but i REALLY wanted a house there and my OH put his foot down and said no - and now on reflection i am really glad i didnt. Just being very honest, lived in Stradbroke for a while and couldnt live near packs of scally kids again

sorry didnt mean to offend - but i REALLY wanted a house there and my OH put his foot down and said no - and now on reflection i am really glad i didnt. Just being very honest, lived in Stradbroke for a while and couldnt live near packs of scally kids again

Dunno about the packs of scally kids, they may hang out near the new houses because it's flat land up there, but you certainly don't get them further down the hill! In fact you rarely see a child out here because people drive far too fast so everyone's too scared to let them out! The only scallies we had was one Halloween years back and I chased them down and scared the crap out of them ;)

yeah we're good round here. so grateful to my neighbours that heard the smash and rang 999.

the police have just been. totally forgot about neighbourhood watch, what an idiot i am. the fingerprint lady just left, she got a print off the door frame, hopefully something will come of it. i mentioned that when our car got broken into we didnt bother reporting it, and she said its always worth doing so, so bear thatin mind if you're unfortunate enough to get broken into. we didnt because it was just a faff at the time.

just after they left we noticed that our Nintendo DS was missing too, i suddenly remembered that it had been there, boyf wanted to play in the absence of his laptop. so thats annoying. it was in a case that i got in Hong Kong, the case wasnt valuable but its not easily replacable.

Terrible, Fab_girl.. hope the sods are caught.. i strongly suspect one the the chavs lurking around... terrible thing to happen really... am up for neighbourhood watch, pls do let me know when and what to do

Really sorry to hear you've been broken into Fabulous girl. Just want to say that I am still really excited about moving into our new house, everyone that lives on viewpoint that are on here sound really nice. We are gonna get an alarm fitted too as I grew up with one in my parents house after they got broken into twice by the same guy. not a nice feeling when you find out someone has been in your house while you've been sleeping. alarm gives a bit of piece of mind and i feel acts as a bit of a deterent. definitely up for neighbourhood watch. really feel for you fabulous girl, know how horrible the process is.

Cracking of plaster in new houses is common as the temperature in the house rises and falls and dries out the moisture in the plaster.

I've heard this before...and it is VERY common in newbuild flats/houses.

This never happened in well, solidly built council houses until they were old/hit by bombs in world war II.

The reason newbuilds have all the cracks they have is simple:

The build quality is non-existent. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. In 10 years they'll be in pieces.

As opposed to old houses which never need any maintenance?

Who's to say older houses didn't suffer a similar kind of 'settling' when they were first built?

As opposed to old houses which never need any maintenance?

Who's to say older houses didn't suffer a similar kind of 'settling' when they were first built?

Ask any older person what all the cracks in their house are - and they'll say 'what cracks'?

Houses that are old need maintenance, of course, but usually after 20 years

These new build flat packs ned fixing a week after being built!

Comparing these new builds to anythingother than garbage is ridiculous, and the decent builders know this.

Ask any older person what all the cracks in their house are - and they'll say 'what cracks'?

Houses that are old need maintenance, of course, but usually after 20 years

These new build flat packs ned fixing a week after being built!

Comparing these new builds to anythingother than garbage is ridiculous, and the decent builders know this.

New build properties are built to much higher standards than older properties. You get shrinkage cracking in plaster, mortar etc in any property be it old or new. It is caused by drying out the finish quickly. Older preoprties tend to have it covered by a wall covering which just masks it. New builds are the easy option believe me. The amount we have spent on maintaining our ex council house is unbeliveable.

New build properties are built to much higher standards than older properties. You get shrinkage cracking in plaster, mortar etc in any property be it old or new. It is caused by drying out the finish quickly. Older preoprties tend to have it covered by a wall covering which just masks it. New builds are the easy option believe me. The amount we have spent on maintaining our ex council house is unbeliveable.

New builds are simply terrible, the workmanship is shocking.

We had the workmen back after a few months, the place was literally falling apart.

We viewed Myrtle close and we though it was terrible, and were victoria courts long the road......

I'd stay away from buying those as in a few years..well, My God, it'll be crumbling around you.

New builds are simply terrible, the workmanship is shocking.

We had the workmen back after a few months, the place was literally falling apart.

We viewed Myrtle close and we though it was terrible, and were victoria courts long the road......

I'd stay away from buying those as in a few years..well, My God, it'll be crumbling around you.

If the workmanship was so bad they wouldnt be NHBC registered. You seem to believe the whole world wrong. Do you ever praise anyone or anything.