Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

Ive been looking around here today at one of the Camdens. Has there been any more trouble recently? What is the situation with local kids? Is it one of those things that you see them trespassing in the better weather but not in winter? Any more break ins? Did the neighbourhood watch get established?

Also on the sales front, the plot I was looking at had the carpets included. Apparently the plot price has been reduced too. Is there anything else I can negotiate from Caroline do you think?? She told me about the deposit match but apparently you have to pay it back after 10 years.

Ive been looking around here today at one of the Camdens. Has there been any more trouble recently? What is the situation with local kids? Is it one of those things that you see them trespassing in the better weather but not in winter? Any more break ins? Did the neighbourhood watch get established?

Also on the sales front, the plot I was looking at had the carpets included. Apparently the plot price has been reduced too. Is there anything else I can negotiate from Caroline do you think?? She told me about the deposit match but apparently you have to pay it back after 10 years.

How much have you managed to negotiate? We went last year, and I totally fell for the houses and estate. Is the Camden a 3 bed with large attic master suite??

I haven't seen any kids around since Fanfa got the police out last year. Fingers crossed that they won't come back in the summer, but you never know.

Apart from this small group of brats I've had no trouble on this estate.

How much have you managed to negotiate? We went last year, and I totally fell for the houses and estate. Is the Camden a 3 bed with large attic master suite??

Yes. We have decided its not big enough though. Other bedrooms and dining area are really small for a family, though ok for a couple and maybe one child.

Hi we are thinking of buying an Elton on the site. We've got the price down to 130k but the sale prices have fluctuated so much it's hard to tell whether that's a good deal. We like the estate and the area that's not a problem but we've also heard that a number of Carlton's were sold before xmas for close to £130 obviously to help hit targets in this ecomnomic crisis. looking for some advice really i've been round and round in circles trying to make a decision!

Thanks

Is the Elton the smaller 3 bed?

Yes it's the 3 bed with one bathroom the smallest model on the estate

bought my Carlton during the summer. Paid slightly less than the agreed price since the Mortgage lender valued the property for less than the asking price.... Which worked out in my favour, since Wimpey matched the offer. If you are happy with the house, estate and the asking price I would go for it...

It might be an idea to see what freebies they are offering to throw in... I lost out on carpets.. due to the drop in price.. and ended up with a free outside tap and a stainess steel oven, fences and the back garden lawned..

Hope everything works out for you...

looking to by a house on Myrtle road Heeley-ish. I've always lived on Ecclesall Rd but can't afford to buy here whats the Heeley/Arbourthorne area like?

You will no doubt here loads of bad things about it as that is the reputation it has had in the past and so these things tend to stick, however I must say that after moving here in sept from woodseats (another well sought after area) i have had no problems, its really quite nice, the people are nice, all my neighbours and peeps on my street go out to work (one thing said is that everyone is on the dole etc) All the houses and gardens are well kept around here (just off myrtle rd btw) and I wouldnt listen to all you are about to here from others as most of them will tell you about rumours they have heard, so im telling you from experience that I have found it to be fine round here. The main thing i ever hear, be it on the forum or else where, is that there are a fair few cars damaged by kids, but again it has never affected me or anyone on my street... good luck with the move x

I moved here from Eccy Rd and the change was amazing! I could actually get a night's sleep! It's absolutely deathly silent round here at night and peaceful most of the time anyway. Folk are mostly friendly and you won't wake up to find some students have vomited all over your car or done a poo in your front garden.

Your insurance will be about half what you pay in S11 too as there are far less burglaries and car thefts/vandalism. Same parking problems, though it will be on match days and not inflicted by hoorays who wake you up coming back to their Porsche at 2am braying about cocaine ;)

You also have the Sheaf View pub, Heeley chippie and lovely fresh air :thumbsup:

nice area, i live further up actually in arbourthorne and again lovely, nice neighbours and no problems.

Mrytle rd is nice quiet and friendly too as i have friends round there!