Does anyone know what Myrtle Road is like to live on?

the builders are still on site for the foreseeable future so if it continues i know where they live....well, work anyway!

Cracking of plaster in new houses is common as the temperature in the house rises and falls and dries out the moisture in the plaster.

Cracking of plaster in new houses is common as the temperature in the house rises and falls and dries out the moisture in the plaster.

ah right, well as long as they are on site, i can grab them and force them to sort out any further cracks for us.

That's good that they did those cracks for you. Told me to paint over mine and they'd be fine...unless I could get a pound coin in the crack then they'd do mine for me

Thanks for all the responses !

We have been warned enough to expect problems when we move in.Am happy as long as the basic build is solid and has no water or wiring problems. We were renting a new flat a year ago and the boiler burst in the house above us (ah, for no reason) and water started seeping through our walls and floor. Imagine my surprise when I was called off mid work to be informed our house was a potential submarine !

Anything similar I should be warned of in viewpoint ?

Only problem I've heard is girl in ground floor flat....not sure what happened but her bath was regurgitating the faeces from the bock. Gross. Was sorted tho

I do know they're knocking prices right back so it's better to buy there now than it was! Originally they were selling some tiny 3 bed homes at either £150k or £200k - and you can get a 3 bed terrace on Myrtle for £130k and an ex council house for as little as £75k. So those prices were a rip off! But now they are selling certain plots off, with 3/4 bed houses in a more spacious design at around £160k. Much better value - and you always pay a slight premium for new builds.

The site manager will speak to you even if you don't live there because I was getting numpty about the road being dug up a while back and spoke to him ;)

All,

Thanks for your replies.We have managed to get a deal with the salesperson there for a 3 bed for 155k.

We've seen the house and we absolutely love it.

We are planning to use Pure Mortgages and Wake-Smith Tofield.

Considering the fact that the market is indeed going very slow at the moment, and mortgage deals are not what they used to be, does this sound like a good deal ? Am not being a midas and being too greedy, but every pound saved will go a long way for FTB's.

Congrats :o)

Are they giving you anything else?

I got deposit; curtains; floorings and a cooker an hob as part of my deal

yes - deposit,hob,curtains and carpets.

Fab :)

Welcome to Viewpoint!

Fab :)

Welcome to Viewpoint!

Thanks,

See you soon