Old Harrow - White Lane

Does Anyone Know If This Has Closed Again Been Past A Couple Of Nights This Week And All The Curtains Are Closed And No Lights On !!

yeh shut sunday

What a shame, a pub like that in that position it is criminal. These pubs that are closing down will never reopen. The government has a lot to answer for, what with the smoking ban and the tax they keep slapping on drinks and cigs, where will it all end. They are hell bent on closing these places down but for what reason. The revenue that they have been receiving from cigs and drinks has got to come from somewhere else from where. Treble the tax on condoms and that's all the pleasure gone out of living. It is all very sad.

Looks like The Richmond Hotel on Richmond Road may be closed as well, again no lights on, door shut and new to let sign gone up.

Cant remember the last time I went to a pub, cheaper to have a beer at home now and no taxi to pay for, this country is a bloody rip off.

Both pubs now shut - harrow hasnt traded for a while I beleive, and no idea why the richmond suddenly shut - I have heard rumours, buts thats all they are.....

I always thought the Harrow was in a prime position, good public transport access and plenty of car parking. It's a shame these places are closing down. I hope someone can refub and reopen it. It would be nice to have something individual rather than these 'chains' too.

does the area make a difference?

we used to live as close as you could get to the old harrow, when it was still the kind of place we'd have set foot in!

Gleadless itself isn't what it used to be, so will a place like this attract a clientelle from outside the area?

How sad that the Old Harrow is closed.

I seem to have spent quite a bit of my youth in there, when it was full and thriving and the place to be.

hazel

:sad:I used to go in the Harrow in my teens, long time ago now!!. Does anyone know when it first opened?

They are hell bent on closing these places down but for what reason.

People might start putting the world to rights over a pint and a fag - much better that they just soak up the propaganda that comes out of the TV. ;)