Eckington School

Anyone here went to Eckington School - left school in 1985 anyone else??

some of my friends went to that school

I left around 1989/90.

Anyone got any memories of the school when it first opened?

What buildings were in use first?

Any photos of the early days anyone?

I went to Eckington . Think there were 2 years above mine. It was still quite new at the time. Teachers had capes and Mr Tracy liked to clip lads 'round the ears.I remember sneaking out for fish and chips at dinner and "lend us 5p ?" round the bus railings at break times. Can remember some of teachers. Mr White, Miss Uttley, Dr Pvlovsky ( cant spell it ) , Miss whitehead and a maths teacher that shouted alot but was bloody good!

I went to Eckington . Think there were 2 years above mine. It was still quite new at the time. Teachers had capes and Mr Tracy liked to clip lads 'round the ears.I remember sneaking out for fish and chips at dinner and "lend us 5p ?" round the bus railings at break times. Can remember some of teachers. Mr White, Miss Uttley, Dr Pvlovsky ( cant spell it ) , Miss whitehead and a maths teacher that shouted alot but was bloody good!

i left in 1988 and can remember these teachers and plenty of others ,maths teacher?mountfeild,raybould ,flinton.....good times wish i was still there

paul

i left in 1988 and can remember these teachers and plenty of others ,maths teacher?mountfeild,raybould ,flinton.....good times wish i was still there

paul

Mr. Flinton 'get yer calcs out'. I think he was the one who looked like PC Danny Sparks from Juliet Bravo wasnt he?

Sh2006.

I left in 97 but when I started there Mr Tracey was the Don (he petrified me) along with maths, Mr Johnson Science , Doc Pav and for PE we had "Major Morgan sexual organ" Mr Morgan and "the poison dwarf" Ms Rosinger but the best teacher by far was Mrs Bellinger, Art. Can anyone remember miss deffley who ran off and married a pupil?

I left in 97 but when I started there Mr Tracey was the Don (he petrified me) along with maths, Mr Johnson Science , Doc Pav and for PE we had "Major Morgan sexual organ" Mr Morgan and "the poison dwarf" Ms Rosinger but the best teacher by far was Mrs Bellinger, Art. Can anyone remember miss deffley who ran off and married a pupil?

Mr. Tracey - 'you boy/girl - get that tie lengthened'! He was scary but he was the best headteacher at Eckington School.

I had Dr. P for Biology - maybe 3rd year I think but he was a good teacher. Mrs. Rosinger taught me Geography in the 1st year and I didnt like her or her fellow Geography teacher Mrs. Bayliss.

My best teachers were Mr. Dixon (taught English and looked like Bobby Ball), Mr. Wareham (taught Computers), Mrs. Cope (taught English and couldnt cope).

I remember something about a teacher & pupil affair but dont remember a marriage. Im sure it appeared as a small article in The Sun though but does anyone else remember it - around the early 90s?

Has anyone kept their schoolwork from their days at Eckington School? Ive still got almost all of mine along with school reports, certificates of merit (remember those?) and even some letters.

Ah happy days!

Sh2006.

Edited by Sheff2006

Was Mr Henderson (geography) looking at you or out the window.

He had one eye going to the shop and the other coming round the corner with the change.

I went to Eckington school in the early days 1952 great little school some good memories Tony.p

I went to Eckington school in the early days 1952 great little school some good memories Tony.p

hi

is that the one on school street, or camms further down

Hi Skyline,i think it was the one in school st, there where some shops on the left hand side, before you turned left up to the school off eckigton rd used to get sweets for 1 penney. tony.p