Mario's Takeaway on Middlewood Rd

Had one last night, very nice and what a bargain:

Any 10" pizza

Any 10" Garlic Bread

Large chicken kebab

Large Donner Kebab

All that for £9.90!

All to yourself? Wow! :hihi:

Ha ha! Yeah my eye's are bigger than my belly!

Nah shared it with other half, some pizza and garlic bread left - that's his lunch!

I have mentioned Mario's before-that deal is great although a very disapointed with them this wkend!!

Our order took 1 1/2 hours when quoted 45mins.

i had to ring to check they hadn't forgotten us (which i hated doing so)

Then when order did turn up-it was wrong! And driver was in that much of a rush he had gone before had chance to say anything!

When i called they said they had sent driver out with two orders-must have got them mixed up. Said they would get back to us.

When they did they asked us would we keep our food? I wasn't happy about this because it was a totally different order(And probally a cheaper one by looks of it) -plus know idea what was on the pizzas anyway, they told us the other people were happy and now eating our food!

He did offer to make the food again, and give me 3 quid back, i wasn't happy it increased to £5. Eventually got all my money back, and all our order for free (minus the free garlic bread! )

So although we got free food in the end- i was ready to go to bed as it took 2 hours and arguing with the manager to get this end result. Hence we didn't actually enjoy our food as gone past the hunger stage.

I understand they were busy but i wish pizza places would just be honest about the time wait when taking orders! :rant:

where abouts on middlewood road is this?

I'm not actually sure where it is, we just got a menu through the door.

Its just a little way down from Middlewood tram stop, bit up from Netto. We had a flyer too - always been intrigued by it but don't order take away pizza often and tend to go to Domino's, their 555 deal is good! Or collect an order from Pizza Express in town.

May try here next time we have people over tho!

The pizza from here are quality and excellent value £9.90 deal is brilliant.

Ordered Saturday night and was on doorstep at Shirecliffe within 25 minutes!!

Yeah we live at Southey and they told us 30-45 minutes, was here in 35ish, red hot and excellent value, we added it up and had we bought them as single items off menu it would have come to £15+. Will def be using them again. And the sauce for kebabs came in pots so we could add it ourselfs. Very nice