Anybody remember Tony Dalli?

There was a previous thread on him a little while ago;

Anybody remember Tony Dalli? ‎( 1 2) (21/4/2008)

Edited by carosio

Does your father remember Albert Lyne who used to play piano for him when he was at Smithy Wood working mens club. Al was my uncle who sadly died a few years ago.

I think the drummer's name was Dennis.

I have an old single by Tony Dalli which my mother had called "Just Say I Love Her". It was on the mauve Columbia label from about 1958/59 and it was superb,very Mario Lanza sounding.What a voice he had.Unfortunatly i havent played it in years due to not having a record player.Does anyone know if he made any more records?.

There was a compilation LP called "Italian Seranade" which I have although I don't know when it was released. There is one on ebay with a few hours to go, also other 78s and 45s. A friend of mine, a classically trained soprano, sang with him on occasion at the Dial House Club (I think it was).

During that period in popular music, the classical voice was falling from favour with record buyers due to the new sounds of rock and roll, etc.

Edited by carosio

I knew his sister Dilli

Don't:mad:

Please ask your dad if he remembers my sister Monica Axelby

Does anybody remember a group called the coronets concert party who performed in the sheffield working men's clubs around 1954? Or a hungarian opera singer named Edith Middleton/Weisz/Peters/Pataky who was part of the group?

Does anybody remember a group called the coronets concert party who performed in the sheffield working men's clubs around 1954? Or a hungarian opera singer named Edith Middleton/Weisz/Peters/Pataky who was part of the group?

I've had a word with a friend who was singing in the clubs at that time (Doreen Kaye, soprano) but she doesn't remember them, although she ended her career in the clubs around '55-6. She does of course remember Flo Midwood who was a friend.

tony worked at dickinsons cutlers on heeley bottom in the 50,s i and i used to meet my mom from school at the works gate , tony used to give me a ride on his motorcycle, then drop me at the tram stop where my mom was waiting. i believe it was about 1955

My mum used to sing in the clubs in Sheffield and I remember once, Tony Dalli stopped at our house one night

My mum used to sing in the clubs in Sheffield and I remember once, Tony Dalli stopped at our house one night

Would you please tell me the name of your mum (pm if you wish), the years she sang, and which areas of Sheffield?