Halal Restaurants

Was it Halal?

To be honest I don't know about Green Lanes because it was in the nineties and most people didn't know the difference then, I certainly didn't but now I do I choose not to eat it.

I know the place on Hackney Road wasn't halal because the owners are friends. They are Turks and not so strict but the main reason it wasn't (and still isn't) halal is because they could get cheaper haram meat from their wholesalers. :D

Catzeyes I don't believe halal should be banned, blah, blah, blah, but I have made my choice and I don't see it as any different to choosing to eat free-range eggs.

To be honest I don't know about Green Lanes because it was in the nineties and most people didn't know the difference then, I certainly didn't but now I do I choose not to eat it.

I know the place on Hackney Road wasn't halal because the owners are friends. They are Turks and not so strict but the main reason it wasn't (and still isn't) halal is because they could get cheaper haram meat from their wholesalers. :D

Catzeyes I don't believe halal should be banned, blah, blah, blah, but I have made my choice and I don't see it as any different to choosing to eat free-range eggs.

Yeah totally...People should eat what they want, just like veggie's.

Do you have any evidence for that? Is black pudding dangerous?

Generally the slaughtering of animal(s) in Islam/Judiasm is to maintain the most hygienic method of killing as well as the most humane. 'Zabiha' is an Arabic word which means ‘slaughtered’. The ‘slaughtering’ is to be done by cutting the throat, windpipe and the blood vessels in the neck causing the animal’s death without cutting the spinal cord.

The blood has to be drained completely before the head is removed. The purpose is to drain out most of the blood which would serve as a good culture medium for micro organisms.

Blood is a good media of germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. Therefore the Muslim way of slaughtering is more hygienic as most of the blood containing germs, bacteria, toxins, etc. that are the cause of several diseases are eliminated. Meat slaughtered by Islamic way remains fresh for a longer time due to deficiency of blood in the meat as compared to other methods of slaughtering. There is never an issue of BSE like we have seen over the years in UK abbatoirs slaughtering by other than the above method. Stagnated blood is more likely to be infected.

Some may find it inhumane but I personally (even before I was practicing muslim) prefered my meat to be halal/kosher knowing it was safer and better.

Went to Shiekhs for the first time last night and it was very good, better than we expected actually. Will deffo go again soon.

For those that would not eat halal because they believe the slaughter method is inhumane, imagine.... HALAL VEAL.....aaaaahhhh OMG why!!!!!!

I posted about this yesterday but it's mysteriously vanished. Clearly agreeing that a process of killing animals which can leave them in agony for 10 minutes as they bleed to death is wrong in someone's eyes. Absolutely pathetic.

I thought - Slitting the throat causes instantaneous death due to the fact that pain is felt in the brain, and severing the link between the brain and body must surely mean its instant death, any movement after is the muscles contracting.

Can the moderators explain why they removed this post of mine yesterday? Do you want to supress free speech, let alone scientific fact?

---Quote (Originally by happyaslarry)---

When I go for a curry I try not to think about the fact that the animal was conscious when its throat was slit. It can take a large animal up to 14 minutes to die, in pain. However, I believe the animal is soothed by words from the Koran so that's all right then

---End Quote--

Can the moderators explain why they removed this post of mine yesterday? Do you want to supress free speech, let alone scientific fact?

---Quote (Originally by happyaslarry)---

When I go for a curry I try not to think about the fact that the animal was conscious when its throat was slit. It can take a large animal up to 14 minutes to die, in pain. However, I believe the animal is soothed by words from the Koran so that's all right then

---End Quote--

Sounds gruesome but it was quite reasonable factual statement that you put ... its annoying when these posts get deletes yes!