Ex Birley school pupils

I went to frecheville comp and left in 83. I work at Birley community college, thats how I know Mr walton is still there ;)

I went to Birley infants, juniors and secondary, I started in the 50`s a long time ago.

I did too,I left school in 1960.

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 12:52 ----------

I attended Birley Junior school the first day it opened early Sept 1952. At the time there was no infants school. Juniors and infants were attending the same as the infant dept was not built The headmaster was named Mr Gillis, I remember some of the teachers but not many. I then moved to what was Birley Secondary Modern School. The headmaster was a Mr Davies, other teachers were Mr Tyson (didn't like him) Miss Smith (nor her) Miss Walsh, Mrs Hollingsworth, Mr Guest, Miss Stringer, Mr Burke these are just a few I can recall at this moment in time.

I did enjoy my time at school, disapline was strictly adhered to, attendance by todays standards was very good. Parents were not going into school to complain about their child getting a "scutch" round the ear, we dare not go home and tell our parents the teacher had clipped us as we would get another even harder.

The only thing I regret about school is that in my time you were not given the opportunity to learn a foreign language. I think that to-days kids should have this as part of the curriculem with many families taking holidays abroad and then moving to other parts of the world.

By the way I left Birley early 60's!!1 Yes I am a Grandmother!!!

I left in 1960,I remember those teachers along with Mr Keeton,Mrs Rippeth(miss machin),Mr Danks,I still owe Mr Burke 10 shillings for a football shirt I bought off him.I didnt like Tyson or Granny Smith,I went to Ridgway school while we were waiting for Birley junior school to open.

Hi Magsby,who are you,you must have been in same year or thereabouts as me,my name is Ray Stocks

Hey anyone still read this especially gempau i was in ur class , think i know you ? Hows it going this reply is a few years late lol

Left in 1961 can anyone from 4K get in touch? 

Edited by Ian W

I went to birley school from nursery to secondary school i left seniors in 99 anybody else

Posted (edited)
On 04/06/2008 at 13:45, Sweetiepie15 said:

I left in 1999, I had a geograghy teacher as my tutor cant remember her name

I left in 99 i had mr slater for my form tutor think she was called mrs mc ferson or something like that the geography teacher

Edited by Adz82

On 03/02/2005 at 16:53, tigger2004 said:

anyone on here from birley school 1996 onwards?

Yea i left 99