Remember Birley School?

i was at thornbridge from in 72 ish what a **** hole

I remember Mr Green, Tigger, we used to call him Reverend Green. I think I remember a Mr Ireland too, yeah he was new when we were in our final year, for science I think. Does anyone remember Mr Sheard, he was scarey. What about Miss Jackson the PE teacher, we all thought she was a lesbian cos she used to make us have showers and stand and watch, uurrrgghh! What about Mr Birkinshaw the English teacher, the last I heard he had become a vicar, he was right funny. In the early nineties there was a competition on the radio to vote for your favourite teacher and that was Mr Birkinshaw, we were winning too at one bit and the prize was having Take That perform at our school, I was gutted!

i left thornbridge/birley in the 80s and remember some of misfits that we had as teachers does anybody remember Mr westropp the music teacher?

i left in 2000 my tutor was mr walton did any one else leave then or was in my tutor group

I remember Mr Green, Tigger, we used to call him Reverend Green. I think I remember a Mr Ireland too, yeah he was new when we were in our final year, for science I think. Does anyone remember Mr Sheard, he was scarey. What about Miss Jackson the PE teacher, we all thought she was a lesbian cos she used to make us have showers and stand and watch, uurrrgghh! What about Mr Birkinshaw the English teacher, the last I heard he had become a vicar, he was right funny. In the early nineties there was a competition on the radio to vote for your favourite teacher and that was Mr Birkinshaw, we were winning too at one bit and the prize was having Take That perform at our school, I was gutted!

i remember mr green he was a rite numpty. mr sheard i used to av nightmares about him he was so scary it was untrue

Judith - I remember Miss Campion from Birley Infants - big motherly woman as I recall. Do you remember Mrs Gabbitas - she was nasty?

I left Birley in 1990, I bumped into Mr Harding and Mrs Hardstaff not so long back (not together)

I remember Mr Lord, liked him and Mr Goddard (Ernie)

It was a real shame about Mr Jones; he was a good guy and my year head

Anyone remember Miss Jackson the PE teacher, we all thought she was a lesbian cos she made us have showers and watched us, makes me shudder to think about it, eeeeeek!!!:gag:

hmm i left in 2001 i fink and no most of them teachers your all on bout

but how am i supposed to no if i no anybody if you aint got your names posted

I was at Birley, but a long tim ebefore any of you guys so far. It was Thornbridge Grammar School in my 1st year, you had to pass the 11 plus exam to get in! Mr Snook was the headmaster then. It changed to Birley Comprehensive in my second year. I stayed to do A levels, as you could take them there then. Fond memories of the Common room in the 7th year. Any other "older" Birleyites about?

Sultana

I was there from '67 to '74, starting at Thornbridge for 1 year, then it became Birley Comp. Like you stayed on to do A levels or should it be A level.

Tazz

Miss Pratt, Description spot on , just as i remember her ( well, just as i would like to remember her anyway )

Lol, mrs pratt, very appropiate name.

She ended up getting the sack when she appeared in an adult mag and it was left open on Mr Latham's office desk (he was head of upper school then)

memories, memories :hihi: :hihi:

i left thornbridge/birley in the 80s and remember some of misfits that we had as teachers does anybody remember Mr westropp the music teacher?

Aye remember him, wasnt he always playing tennis with the other P.E teacher, not Mrs lesbo Jackson who ended up at Richmond the other one, cant remember her name :rolleyes: