Remember Birley School?

I used to know a girl called Jody who left around that time. She used to be on the CB.

Yes, was at the opposite end of the corridor to your classroom. I dont see anyone now apart from Alison who is still my best mate, I was her bridesmaid 3 years ago, she now has a baby called Joshua.

I was at thornbridge from 79-83 in Mr.Cutts tutor group. 2T-5T. Looking back I had a pretty good time. Does anyone remember Mr Walker ?. He was a chemistry teacher who looked like the yorkshire ripper.:)

My son went to Birley from Nursery in 1993 till he left Birley Community College in July 2005. Mr Walton was his form tutor

i left in 91, but my brother who is 5 years younger, would have left in 96

did you here about the affair with mr powers and one of the History teachers (can't remember which one), then apparently mr powers dissapeared. someone told me he commited suicide - hope this isn't true cos he was a good laugh.

we used to have our form tutor (Mrs Crookes) on that they were seeing each other.

Can anyone remember Mr Jones (known as the school perv) bless him though he passed away after suffering with a brain tumour.

i left in 91, but my brother who is 5 years younger, would have left in 96

Your brother would have been in my year what is his name.

I was at Birley, but a long tim ebefore any of you guys so far. It was Thornbridge Grammar School in my 1st year, you had to pass the 11 plus exam to get in! Mr Snook was the headmaster then. It changed to Birley Comprehensive in my second year. I stayed to do A levels, as you could take them there then. Fond memories of the Common room in the 7th year. Any other "older" Birleyites about?

I used to go to thornbridge in the 70s left in 77 after moving up from birley middle and started at birley infants in about 65-66

At thornbridge our games teachers were mrPack(who loved himself)and mr Evans there was mrTutt,mrClark,mrFiddler,mrHuntand mrGerrard these are just a few that come to mind

I was there ian barker was thrown down the school bank as part as a so called initiation ceremony.

Left thornbridge in 85 , mr cutts, mr walker ( what a strange guy ) mrs bishop ( maths ), There was a female french teacher there in the early 80's - anyone remember her name ?

At thornbridge our games teachers were mrPack(who loved himself)and mr Evans there was mrTutt,mrClark,mrFiddler,mrHuntand At thornbridge our games teachers were mrPack(who loved himself)and mr Evans there was mrTutt,mrClark,mrFiddler,mrHuntand mrGerrard these are just a few that come to mind

I was there ian barker was thrown down the school bank as part as a so called initiation ceremony. these are just a few that come to mind

I was there ian barker was thrown down the school bank as part as a so called initiation ceremony.

I REMEMBER ALL THAT! I WAS THERE THEN!!! i left in 78 when did u leave? PM me we MAY KNOW EACH OTHER!!!

Left thornbridge in 85 , mr cutts, mr walker ( what a strange guy ) mrs bishop ( maths ), There was a female french teacher there in the early 80's - anyone remember her name ?

Was it miss Pratt?

Very attractive (or seemed to be to a 13 year old) blond hair,long legs?

Wore nice bra's i seem to remember,(like i said i was a 13 yr old with hormones) :love: