Remember Birley School?

yes I went to Birley infants, middle and Thornbridge, it was an ok school, I was there in the 70s and 80s.

There was a big walk between classes between upper and lower school, I remember Mr Cutts the English teacher he was a right laugh

yeah i was in mr waltons form class too

anyone else??

i went to Birley think it was 1996, was in Mrs Connellys class (IT Teacher), left shortly after to go to Westfield though.

I was at Birley, but a long tim ebefore any of you guys so far. It was Thornbridge Grammar School in my 1st year, you had to pass the 11 plus exam to get in! Mr Snook was the headmaster then. It changed to Birley Comprehensive in my second year. I stayed to do A levels, as you could take them there then. Fond memories of the Common room in the 7th year. Any other "older" Birleyites about?

Originally posted by sultana

I was at Birley, but a long tim ebefore any of you guys so far. It was Thornbridge Grammar School in my 1st year, you had to pass the 11 plus exam to get in! Mr Snook was the headmaster then. It changed to Birley Comprehensive in my second year. I stayed to do A levels, as you could take them there then. Fond memories of the Common room in the 7th year. Any other "older" Birleyites about?

Did it change it's name from birley to Thornbridge then back again?

I was at thornbridge in the late seventies early eighties.

My mum went to thornbridge,sure she mentioned mr snook.

Guest bostonaire

It was thornbridge grammar, then thornbridge comprehensive, then birley comp then as it is now birley community college.

I went there and left last year (2004) Hated every second also, although there were a few decent teachers, I tended to be the hate icon of most people there, i.e. chavs, there were too many.

College is much better and on thurs afternoons, me and all my college friends enjoy being on the tram while all the birley kids squash on, stood up and we are comfily sat down and laughing all the way.

BTW. Kirsty, i like the fact that u mentioned Mrs Connely just before you left. What a joke Connaz was.

I left birley in 1996, also had Mr Walton - how sexy!!! Think Mr Harding was pretty cool in his own way too. Anyone remember poor old Mr Latham.

Also Miss Swift used to remind me of Frank Spencer for some reason.

Originally posted by tots

I left birley in 1996, also had Mr Walton - how sexy!!! Think Mr Harding was pretty cool in his own way too. Anyone remember poor old Mr Latham. [/QUO

yeah i remember mr latham......and mr jones..he died the first year i was there......i can remember the assembly we had out of the blue one day,to annouce that mr latham had died.

my fav teacher was Mr Harding..he was cool....ill always remember the silly saying he"d say like....put a frog in ya pocket and hoppit...or put an egg in ya shoe and beat it..he was ace!

mr harding was nice but i can always remember how his voice used to carry through the corridors. " YOU BOY ". Scared me to death when i first started there.

Hiya Sheffield! I had the strangest dream last night that I had gone to a school reunion, it was very weird!! Just wondering what everyone is doing these days, I was there from 1988 to 1992. Have been on Friends Reunited and have seen a few of you on there. I cant believe that its been 13 years since we left, its flown hasnt it? Wouldnt it been funny if we did have a reunion though, can you imagine it, seeing everyone again even though you couldnt stand some people (mentioning no names!!!). I still live in the area, used to see a lot of people now and again after we had left but not so much anymore. Anyway if any of you are out there and would like the idea of a reunion (I never thought I would be saying this as I couldnt wait to leave school) it would be fun to have one dont you think?

See ya!