Remember Birley School?

Maybe, maybe not, but.................if they did I really hope they dint use the same toilet at the same time as yourself :hihi: :hihi:

I was at thornbridge from 79-83 in Mr.Cutts tutor group. 2T-5T. Looking back I had a pretty good time. Does anyone remember Mr Walker ?. He was a chemistry teacher who looked like the yorkshire ripper.:)

I was at Thornbridge as it was then and left in 1985. I remember Mr Walker aka Yorkshire Ripper. I had a fab time at school, looking back :D

Mrs Bishop (Maths) was a dragon, she once made me wash of makeup with freezing water and no soap.

Mr Cutts was a laugh and very easy going.

Mr Goddard was head at the time and I remember Mr Clarke (RE) he died during an exam in the gym. I had no idea about Mr Latham :o

Mrs Pratt once shoved a desk into my ribs as I dared to giggle during a lesson, she stunk of cheap perfume

i left in 89.originally started at frecheville til it merged with thornbridge.

i thought mr powers had the affair with mrs crookes??

I left Birley in 1990, I bumped into Mr Harding and Mrs Hardstaff not so long back (not together)

I remember Mr Lord, liked him and Mr Goddard (Ernie)

It was a real shame about Mr Jones; he was a good guy and my year head

I started Birley in 1989 and finished it in 1993, well 4 years was enough. Not the greatest time by any means. Well I can remember Mr Lord, had him every year for Maths a really great teacher. Mr Goddard was a cool guy, I am surprised I liked a Head Teacher. I bet everyone remembers Mr Tilsley (History), a very strict person but knew his history. For scients it was Mr Godison. One of the best teachers was the art teacher Mr Irerdale or is that how you spell it. All I know is when I was there he had black bushy hair and was a very supportive teacher. I had Miss McPherson for my tutor.

Can anyone remember Mr Day? I swear Miss Jackson was in the army before she was a teacher. Now the French Teachers name I can't for the life of me think of, I know she was a thin woman with stern features and silvery grey hair. Its funny how things come back to you.

I heard on the grapevine that there may be a reunion for those who sat A levels in 75 at Birley, as we will all be 50 this year (eek)! Anyone out there know any further details?

I left Thornbridge Comp in 84, now living in Texas

I don't even remeber my form teacher he was the Physics Teacher (Phillips rings a bell) :huh:

Mr Tutt was my German teacher - now there was a guy who couldn't keep control :hihi:

Mr. Powers and Evans did PE :clap:

Good times!!!!! Anyone there 80-84 give us a shout.

Shaun

I was a student at Birley from 95 to 2000. Was in Miss Routh's tutor group. Remember loads of the teachers from there. The affair with Mr Powers thing was between him and Mrs Westropp who was a science teacher. Mr Green has now been sacked. Good ol Mr Harding is still going strong. Anyone who was in same year group as me pls tell me ya names to see if i remember ne of u. Ta

hey up ppl i left in 2000,my tutor was mr walton. does any1 remember me by the way its cheryl stead

Hi I remember a lot of teachers mentioned I left in 89. I may remember you mindyw

Hi Cheryl, i was in same year as u and vaguely remember ur name tho cant put a face to it! Hope lifes treating ya well. Im Kerrie Greasley.

Is there anyone on here that went to Birley school up to 1991