Disgraceful taxi service!

i will never use RCA ever again! had a hospital appointment today, rang an hour before, but still the taxi didnt turn up on time. i rang the firm and the woman was so rude she slammed the phone down on me! I have complained to the manager and next time i will use a different taxi firm.

from midland station to high storrs school

from midland station to high storrs school

about £6.60:D

i dont like mercury :( we use rca A LOT

i do notice with both companies the more you ring them the quicker they get there or give you a quote. so if they dont recognise the number youre likely to get the shaft.

i dont like mercury :( we use rca A LOT

i do notice with both companies the more you ring them the quicker they get there or give you a quote. so if they dont recognise the number youre likely to get the shaft.

The way the system works, when you phone up to check where your cab is, it automatically marks the job as being on priority, as the system is sure that you are still waiting, it moves the job up the list on a particular plot. (if there is more than one job waiting in an area).

On Sunday night, one of my friends booked a taxi (With Mercury) to take us to the Sheffield Wednesday sports centre on monday morning, as we had an exam. They told her that we would be given priority booking as we had rang up the day before and we had an important exam to get to.

The taxi was booked for 8.15, and by 8.25 on monday morning the taxi still hadn't come, so we rang them up to ask where it was. The woman on the phone told us that it would be another 20 or so minutes.

By 8.45 the taxi still hadn't turned up, so we rang back asking where our taxi was, and told them how important it was for us to get to this exam, but the woman then told us that she "couldn't promise anything" and the taxi may be another 30 minutes or so.

We were, by this point, extremely angry and anxious, so we just attempted to get another taxi, but none would take us. We had to leg it down to the tram stop (with huge bags and a suitcase, as 2 of my mates were goin home straight after), and eventually turned up at the exam 20 minutes late. We couldn't believe the appalling service they provided, after promising us a taxi would be there on time, only to to tell us that one wouldn't come. They genuinely seemed as if they didn't give a *****.

Has anyone else had any experiences with this taxi firm like this? We definitely won't be using them again.

I had a similar experience a while back some of us from work were going on a conference and had a coach booked, but we all had to be at work by 630am t get the coach. I'd booked the day before with mercury, but the cab didn't arrive so i rang, they had no record of the booking but said they'd send a cab asap. 15 minutes later, still no cab so I rang again. This time they had no record of my origional booking or of me ringing that morning. I rang four times before the cab arrived.

The way the system works, when you phone up to check where your cab is, it automatically marks the job as being on priority, as the system is sure that you are still waiting, it moves the job up the list on a particular plot. (if there is more than one job waiting in an area).

i meant like the more you use them the more likely they are to give you a quote. for example we were in jordanthorpe this weekend for a mates bday and us and another couple needed a cab to get back into town. the other couple were from out of town had never used the cab company we called and was quoted a wait of over an hour. my bf - who rings them quite a bit - called back ten minutes later and was told a driver would be there asap. before we were even outside the hall, the cab was there. now it could have been down the fact our friend had just rang for a cab to be in the area or it could have been coincidence i dont know.

i meant like the more you use them the more likely they are to give you a quote. For example<snip>

Ah see what you mean. That was probaby just coincidence, when you phone the big companies, the overview of drivers positions and status changes every minute. They might have been busy when first phoned and nothing in the area, so a quote was given.

By the time you phoned 10 minutes later, there might be a couple of drivers who have no pickups or just started work close by, and therefore now vacant.

:)

I may be wrong , but I'm sure it's against the law to charge more after a certain time , or on certain days I.e. New Years eve . It's just that people accept it as the norm .

I may be wrong , but I'm sure it's against the law to charge more after a certain time , or on certain days I.e. New Years eve . It's just that people accept it as the norm .

I'll clear up any doubts sir about "might be", yes you are wrong :)

The fares charged by private hire are dictated by the companies and the black cab rates are set by the council. Both have rates that change depending on time of year and/or day, and perfectly above board and legal, annoying but legal :)

about £6.60:D

Many thanks

The only difference between taxi drivers & Dick Turpin is a mask