Sign in to follow this  

£4.5 mill spent on Prince Charles new pad

Just heard on the news that £4.5 million quid of public cash has been spent on doing up the old Queen Mother's house for Prince C to live in.

Am absolutely outraged. Am definitely anti-royal, but am prepared to listen to the arguments for boosting heritage, culture, tourism etc.

But why should we pay for the improvements? Think they should live off their own cash. That money could have bought a hospital or two, several schools etc.

As we have funded it, what voice do we have in how the moneyh is spent? (I am genuinely interested in the answer if there is one)

Originally posted by blondee

Just heard on the news that £4.5 million quid of public cash has been spent on doing up the old Queen Mother's house for Prince C to live in.

Am absolutely outraged. Am definitely anti-royal, but am prepared to listen to the arguments for boosting heritage, culture, tourism etc.

But why should we pay for the improvements? Think they should live off their own cash. That money could have bought a hospital or two, several schools etc.

As we have funded it, what voice do we have in how the moneyh is spent? (I am genuinely interested in the answer if there is one)

Unfortunately we don't have any voice. Likewise Blair has spent £24 million of tax payers money racing around the world etc. Now what could that money have bought? That's a good point about living off their own cash - it's not as if they couldn't afford it, but where does that cash come from? I am not anti-royal but a certain few may not be as royal as we think!