Blackwell's Managerial Statistics this season!

Just thought i'd analyse Blackwell's form as manager since taking charge this season, i you ask me it's imressive by any standards, and makes the old what if creep into my head again......a couple of months earlier when the original "Robson Out" chants started could we now be sat comfortably in the play-offs???

Played: 12

W: 7

D: 3

L: 2

Total Points: 24

Goals Scored: 18

Goals Conceeded: 11

a couple of months earlier when the original "Robson Out" chants started could we now be sat comfortably in the play-offs???

How you must look at it is..... we're only 12 points off the top 2. Couple of months could have made all the difference.

i'm sure you would of got playoffs at least if robson went sooner but he didnt, just look forward to next season, should be alot better for the blades at least:(

Robbo should have gone a LOT earlier (say about the end of August), then we would almost certainly been in the playoffs.

As far as I am concerned there are four things which I think allows you to judge a manager and Blackwell in my opinion had past all of them before today. today he passedc the fourth.

1. When you team has just played crap what do you do? Blackwell passed this test after the Charlton game. He came out and said that we were crap and then did something about it.

2.When you have been on a winning run and lose what do you do to get it going again. Blackwell passed this test after the Preston game with our subsequent victories.

3. Is there a clear game plan that the team know understand and follow. Yes evident in many aspects. Our getting the ball back into play quickly, using Cotterill as a out and out winger, Tonge being told to pass forwards and doing it, deadball routines etc etc None of this happened under Robson.

4. Having the tactical understanding to read the game and change things - sometimes this is forced upon you. This was evident today after Morgans sending off. At the start of the second half I like many around me thought he should of pulled off Quinn and put Ehiguoe on. But he didn't but straight away you could see what he had done. Pulling three tight into the centre of midfield and stopping them playing through the middle not only worked but the players understood and did it. Beattie played further right and stayed there and he and Sharp did work to stop their fullbacks getting forward.

All true

mmmmmmmmmmmm hamlet:hihi:

mmmmmmmmmmmm hamlet:hihi:

I want what you have been taking, is it morphine?

Fishnet's, hamlet.

I am dreading what i will find next.

To be fair most managers do well when they first arrive, there are exceptions! the real test will be next season!

The thing that has most impressed me about Blackwell since his arrival has been his confidence and belief in the team, from day one when most Blades fans were even pondering a relegation scrap due to our dismall displays week on week out, Blackwell has backed the team and never doubted our chances of grabbing a play-off position before the season ends. Even now, when it's highly unlikely that we can grab the important 6th position in the league, Blackwell still hasn't put it off and insists that we are still playing for it while it is mathematically possible to do so.

I like what i'm hearing from inside the camp, the players love Blacky and have the upmost respect for him, both on and off the pitch, and in mutual respect the players have the same opinions on Blacky. They all want to do well and win or eachother, it's something that has been missing all theway through Nob-sor's term in charge, and again I wonder what if??

an extra month??? another 12 points???? ouch!!!!!

Blackwell For Manager!!!!

They shouldn't have hired the no bed in the 1st place :P

He was homeless? No wonder we were doomed .....

As far as I am concerned there are four things which I think allows you to judge a manager and Blackwell in my opinion had past all of them before today. today he passedc the fourth.

1. When you team has just played crap what do you do? Blackwell passed this test after the Charlton game. He came out and said that we were crap and then did something about it.

You're right, but Sornob did the same, passed the buck and made out it was everyone else's fault. To paraphrase:

The players here are useless, and not as good as I expected, or wanted.

That wasn't acceptable, and some players are going to go unless they pull their bloody socks up and show me what they can do.

Talk about a difference in attitude.

2.When you have been on a winning run and lose what do you do to get it going again. Blackwell passed this test after the Preston game with our subsequent victories.

To play Devil's Advocate, our season was realistically all but over, and he's got players fighting for their jobs. That said, we went hell for leather, which is why they got the third.

3. Is there a clear game plan that the team know understand and follow. Yes evident in many aspects. Our getting the ball back into play quickly, using Cotterill as a out and out winger, Tonge being told to pass forwards and doing it, deadball routines etc etc None of this happened under Robson.

I still believe Keef has a role to play, if we play him as a winger, which is what he is. Tonge's confidence is immeasurably up under Blackie (and that's remembering that his head was down for a while under St Neil). One thing is for sure. 'Tippy tappy' in this division is never going to work.

4. Having the tactical understanding to read the game and change things - sometimes this is forced upon you. This was evident today after Morgans sending off. At the start of the second half I like many around me thought he should of pulled off Quinn and put Ehiguoe on. But he didn't but straight away you could see what he had done. Pulling three tight into the centre of midfield and stopping them playing through the middle not only worked but the players understood and did it. Beattie played further right and stayed there and he and Sharp did work to stop their fullbacks getting forward.

All true

Well my thinking was that Cotterill was the weaker of the wide men coming backwards, which is why I said to take him off rather than Squinny, who was making more inroads going forward.

The point is though, I'm sure you'll agree, Sornob wouldn't have even unfolded his arms by the 65th minute, let alone made a change.

And let's face it, we wouldn't have been killed by the sabre tooths of the Tigers from Hull, but by being gummed by their dreadful front two (Campbell squandered two decent chances at least).

We all knew that Sornob was the wrong person, but in fairness, I wouldn't have gone to King Kev II in the summer either.

Let's just hope the impetus continues though!