Wednesday 7/4 to be relegated-good bet or not

I have total admiration for bookmakers, they have an uncanny ability to make money out of an awareness of the reality of situations.

However, I can't help thinking they've got this one wrong big style and that Wednesday are far too big a price for relegation given their current predicament, the best odds I could se are as follows:

Wednesday 7/4

Southampton 11/5

Leicester 100/30

Barnsley 10/1

Coventry 10/1

Norwich 14/1

Blackpool 20/1

Looking at the odds kind of re-assured me that it is not all doom and gloom (yet), what do others think are Wednesday really nearly 2/1 on relegation or have they got this wrong.

Personally I'd have made them around evens, but maybe I'm being pessimistic.

I have total admiration for bookmakers, they have an uncanny ability to make money out of an awareness of the reality of situations.

However, I can't help thinking they've got this one wrong big style and that Wednesday are far too big a price for relegation given their current predicament, the best odds I could se are as follows:

Wednesday 7/4

Southampton 11/5

Leicester 100/30

Barnsley 10/1

Coventry 10/1

Norwich 14/1

Blackpool 20/1

Looking at the odds kind of re-assured me that it is not all doom and gloom (yet), what do others think are Wednesday really nearly 2/1 on relegation or have they got this wrong.

After quite a few games where Wednesday have played well but got very little out of them they come up with a proper relegation performance like that one at Blackpool. It was an absolute shambles and I hate myself for saying it, the officials were very poor (no excuse),Good odds, get some money on it we're doomed I tell ye

Put it this way.

It's like getting free money :(

Probably because Southampton have got two very difficult games to come with a visit to West Brom and then at home to the Blades on the last day.

I'm happier with Leicester & Norwich to play.

I'm happier with Leicester & Norwich to play.

I was happy with Blackpool away and then look what happened.

Depends on what you think will happen at Leicester next week really. If Day Before Thursday lose to Leicester, or even draw, the 7/4 would look a very big price.

If they win, then (assuming that Southampton lose to West Brom on the Sunday, AND that Coventry lose to Wolves) the book would probably be something like Leicester 8/13F, Southampton 11/10, Coventry 4/1, Day Before Thursday 9/2, given that Leicester have to travel to Stoke, and Southampton are at home to, er, us :D.

If those results happen, and Barnsley get at least a point at home to Charlton, then they're safe.

I don't think 7/4 is a bad price in particular, but I won't be lumping on.

Bear in mind Wednesday's superior goal difference, too; they only need to finish level on points with someone.

Depends on what you think will happen at Leicester next week really. If Day Before Thursday lose to Leicester, or even draw, the 7/4 would look a very big price.

If they win, then (assuming that Southampton lose to West Brom on the Sunday, AND that Coventry lose to Wolves) the book would probably be something like Leicester 8/13F, Southampton 11/10, Coventry 4/1, Day Before Thursday 9/2, given that Leicester have to travel to Stoke, and Southampton are at home to, er, us :D.

If those results happen, and Barnsley get at least a point at home to Charlton, then they're safe.

I don't think 7/4 is a bad price in particular, but I won't be lumping on.

Not a bad guess, latest I've seen:

Leicester evens

Saints 6/4

Wednesday 9/2

Blackpool 10

Coventry 10

Ridiculously short for Wednesday now though, as far as I can see there's only 3 ways they can go down:

Lose to Norwich 15/4

Saints win 6/4

Leicester draw 12/5

Lose to Norwich 15/4

Saints win 6/4

Leicester win 4/1

Draw against Norwich 12/5

Saints win 6/4

Leicester win 4/1

Coventry and Blackpool don't get a point

I'm sure those 3 bets would generate significantly more than the 9/2 on offer:huh:

Ridiculously short for Wednesday now though, as far as I can see there's only 3 ways they can go down:

I'm sure those 3 bets would generate significantly more than the 9/2 on offer:huh:

The first treble pays 39/1.

The second pays 53/1

The third pays 41.5/1.

To cover all three gets you odds of roughly 100/7, or 14/1. There is a fourth possibility that gets the Owls relegated, but it involves them losing by at least thirteen goals, so I'll discount it for betting purposes.

The first treble pays 39/1.

The second pays 53/1

The third pays 41.5/1.

To cover all three gets you odds of roughly 100/7, or 14/1. There is a fourth possibility that gets the Owls relegated, but it involves them losing by at least thirteen goals, so I'll discount it for betting purposes.

A ten pound bet should help me drown my sorrows then should the unthinkable happen!

A ten pound bet should help me drown my sorrows then should the unthinkable happen!

See this is the problem with s6.

If you got the bet up you should go and buy a season ticket with the money.:)