Which ye olde days years players do your current players remind you of??

Just out of curiousity and a chance to air our opinions about just how good our players are, I want you to compare The Blades / Owls current players ability, qualities and skills to the players of yester-year. This topic has been started after James Beattie likened Billy Sharp to Le Tissier, which caused confusion amongst blades and owls fans alike, as nobody can see any similarities????

If possible lets try and keep it on topic lol, Im all for a bit of banter but lets not let it rift, i'm actually interested in the answers to this one???

Paddy Kenny was/is not unlike Fatty Foulkes

Kenny has lost allo fhis xtra grizzle now and is looking in really good shape?? so is it realy that long since you went to a match???

Judge for yourself there is a resemblance thats why I said was/is:loopy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Foulke-sufc.jpg

And as was said, Paddy has lost a hell of a lot of weight. If you're going to insult a player and a forummer, get it right first.

Looking through the excellent "A Complete Record Of Sheffield United", by Denis Clareborough and Andrew Kirkham (who has one of the finest beards on record), Fred Priest has a remarkable likeness to Jags, and Colin Morris clearly wanted to be Terry McDermott (along with John Gannon).

In playing style, obviously Chris Morgan is Nudger Needham :hihi:, or Stan The Man. I hope Sharp will be a new Edwards (Le Tissier he ain't).

No doubt I'll find some more soon ....

And as was said, Paddy has lost a hell of a lot of weight. If you're going to insult a player and a forummer, get it right first.

Wasn't meant as an insult I didn't make up William Foulkes's nickname! in fact if you look at the photo he looks more muscle than fat.

Why would it be an insult? Look at his record?

I can see where you are coming from with Foulkes and Kenny, but only on that picture.

Wasn't meant as an insult I didn't make up William Foulkes's nickname! in fact if you look at the photo he looks more muscle than fat.

Why would it be an insult? Look at his record?

It was the loopy smilie at the end that made it look like an insult. I was in a bit of a touchy mood last night anyway ......

paddy kenny reminds me of an obese oaf.