Ladies, what do you think to Spearmint Rhino?

Originally posted by Lucy_Smith

If these women have these abilities then why strip in the first place? Maybe it's just me but I would never have any respect for somebody who had worked in a strip club. I don't dislike stippers or anything, but I do see them as lower than me, because I am managing to achieve something as a woman without using my looks or my body. I know I have achieved what I have through being good at my job and I think that is more respectable than achieving something using my looks. It's just my personal opinion, and like I've said, I don't have anything against these women. That's just how I feel.

Well you do obviously have something against these women as you look down on them!

In my friends case it was a short term answer to her financial troubles. She was a student at the time and it paid her a lot more than working in a bar would do. You can't just pop out and get a managerial position that pays well while you're in the middle of a degree. She got through her a degree and is now making a success of herself. I have every ounce of respect for what's she's done and how she's done it.

I don't dislike them as people...I'm sure they are lovely girls.

But, with that being said I think the whole "student debt" thing is an absolute lame excuse. I'm a student and have a steadily rising debt. But, instead of taking my clothes off when I graduate, I am going to live in a dingy flat, eat cheap food and work as hard as I can to pay off my debt. I consider that more respectable. But, again, just my personal opinion.

If these women have these abilities then why strip in the first place? Maybe it's just me but I would never have any respect for somebody who had worked in a strip club. I don't dislike stippers or anything, but I do see them as lower than me, because I am managing to achieve something as a woman without using my looks or my body. I know I have achieved what I have through being good at my job and I think that is more respectable than achieving something using my looks. It's just my personal opinion, and like I've said, I don't have anything against these women. That's just how I feel.

it's probably a good job that they aren't after your respect then.

Your attitude strikes me as rather parochial. Just because you wouldn't choose to do something (assuming you could) you look down on those who do do it.

I expect a man would be quite happy to be told that his looks and body were an asset he could sell if he wished.

Can you explain what it is about stripping that makes you feel better than the strippers?

T020 - wouldn't expect you to change your opinion, I don't believe I've seen it happen over any other issue, I won't expect to see it happen before hell freezes over.

And by the way, I hold down a very respectable job while I study, and when I graduate am likely to have a great career ahead of me. So, yes, you can begin your career while you study, even if you volunteer, it's all about building a name for yourself. Have to go now so will leave the debating to somebody else ;-)

Surely woman have more assets than their bodies? My sexuality is not repressed but I do believe that the majority of women could do better for themselves. Like for example, getting qualified in something and building a career.

Imagine if somebody suggested the only asset a man had was his body. Would that bother you?

But a career or qualifications isn't everyone's bag. We can't all have careers because, to be blunt about it, who would empty the bins, or sweep the streets...?

However, that said, I'm in favour of places like Spearmint Rhino. I think for a stag night, they're a great attraction, but I find the thought of "regulars" at places like that disturbing.

I think that the difference between male and female strippers is that men watch strippers out of sexual desire. Whereas women go for a laugh... I know I find nothing desirable about a strange man dancing around with his crown jewels hanging out. Sorry fellas, but who can? Its hilarious.

You've got to love the man, love the p*n*s. :D

I feel I am better than the strippers because I work a lot harder but in the long run I will be the one better off.

Really do have to go now :-)

Oh yeah... Anyone remember the Dog & Partridge at Attercliffe (where Goodfellas is now), I'm sure that for many years, they used to advertise outside...

"Two girls for £2.50..."

Even at a 50-50 split, one of them only has a best price of £1.25, now that is degrading...

And by the way, I hold down a very respectable job while I study, and when I graduate am likely to have a great career ahead of me. So, yes, you can begin your career while you study, even if you volunteer, it's all about building a name for yourself. Have to go now so will leave the debating to somebody else ;-)

Well done to you!

Student debt wasn't the issue and I won't go into what was. I will say the debt wasn't self inflicted. She also worked on other projects at uni in a voluntary capacity. One of the hardest working people that I've met. I have more respect for her than you, because she has an open mind and does not judge everyone by her own opinions and beliefs.

You don't know the story behind other people. I think you should swallow your narcissistic obsession with your own self worth. It's arrogant and quite off putting.

I feel I am better than the strippers because I work a lot harder but in the long run I will be the one better off.

Really do have to go now :-)

now I could be wrong (being no expert) but you may well be speaking from a position of ignorance, as I expect strippers (or at least good ones) also have to work hard.

They have to stay fit and in trim, work on routines, build a name for themselves and everything else that goes with being sucessful.

I guess you look down on everybody who doesn't go to university and have a career afterwards then, which is probably over 2 3rds of working adults. Must be lonely up on your pedestal.

I'm not a fan of its location 'near student areas and union/uni' nor of its clientele. I feel its the seedier side of Sheffield.

So what do you think of men stripping?

it was like "take my money and do what you are told". I could never work a job like that.

I think that principle applies in all jobs. As for men stripping (presumably for womens' pleasure) I see it exactly the same. It is a matter of personal choice and not really anyone elses business.