Fire near Abbeydale Rd..

What's on fire?

big building just off abbeydale road behind abbey cafe

never have words rang so true well done to the men and women of our fine fire dept

There is an empty church near South View Road but this is on Sharrow Lane , is it this one ?:huh:

There is an empty church near South View Road but this is on Sharrow Lane , is it this one ?:huh:

yes thats the place... been under construction for a while... is a gonna now!

yes, the one in the corner of South View Road. I live really near ( 100 m ) and i can see it from here .

never have words rang so true well done to the men and women of our fine fire dept

Just one of the reasons why I'm feeling pretty gutted because I can't help but be suspicious about this. IF (capital letters) this was started deliberately, it makes me furious that they're out there now working hard to help out a property developer.

Anyway (deep breaths) I'm glad they're there...

bleedin property developers prank phone calls arson etc they've got enough to deal with

Yes it is a shame, feel really upset - wont be the same without that beautiful building standing there. My mums lived on Rampton Rd 48 years and she's really sad about this happening.

Such a shame. I ain't religious but I would chuck £10 towards a church being rebuilt there.

I got married in there

Wasn't it up for sale for a million quid a few months back?

Razed to the ground now, is it?

Shame :roll:

The end of a lovely building. The roofers buggered up and caused the fire but anybody living in the area had been expecting it for a good few years. Every year there an application to turn it into luxury flats for luxury people and each time it got turned down. It had been a mosque for the last few years and the people involved tried their hardist to keep it as it was.

There is no chance of it being rebuilt and one of the most wonderful buildings in Sheffield (for me) has gone. There's not that many red brick churches anyway and not one looking like that.