Does John Lewis price match any internet sites?

Everything is so bland and generalised throughout the country.

And that statement's a generalisation as well; the sort of thing a middle-aged person says shortly before going on about how "it were much better in my day".

The shopping experience is only as bland and generic as the consumer wants it to be and anyway, I still call it Cole Brothers rather than John Lewis, though this is largely because a fat bloke called John Lewis stole my first girlfriend and I've hated that name ever since.

Was this thread title written by someone trying to do a poor Italian accent?

Well spotted WrathBone!

Why are John Lewis still held in such high esteem by the people of Sheffield? They aren't 'Coles' anymore so we don't need to feel any local loyalty and to be honest I think the store has lost it's identity these days. Everything is so bland and generalised throughout the country.

Theya are'a fighting the corporate machinea, you know nurrrthing!

I thought there was an article last year about a geographical limit to the price guarantee although am not too sure if it's for both the stores and internet web site. I do find that some stuffs at John Lewis are quite pricey and could find similar alternatives if not of better quality. Only wish that Ikea would give them a run for their money if they have a store in Sheffield. Competition is good for the customers.

A friend of mine asked the store manager if he can get a reduction in his suit that was purchased a few days prior to them having a 50% off. He didn't realise that there was a sale starting soon. Not only was the manager being 'unfriendly', there was a snooty shop assistant to her colleague within hearing distance saying.."Ooh, I wouldn't do that even if I used my staff discount"...

Let's just say my friend have the last laugh as he returned the unworn item the next day complete with tags and receipt. As the item was still on their 28 days return policy. Came in a few hours later and purchased the same suit at the sale price..A huge savings of £100. It's a good job he kept the receipt.

I want to buy something that's £20 cheaper on nearly all web sites, do they just price match locally? Is it worth hassling them?

Taaa.

:)

They will only price match an internet site that also has a outlet where you can go and buy it of the shelf.

That will cut down your options one hell of a lot.

Empire direct are a very good example of a internet site that does both, charging internet prices at their numerous retail outlets.

John Lewis will price match anything Empire direct sell. Certainly worth price matching TVs because you will get a free 5 year guarantee included from John lewis

Fnarr fnarr.

:hihi::hihi:walked into that one didn`t I?:D

:hihi::hihi:walked into that one didn`t I?:D

Walked into or more perched on while on spin cycle? :hihi:

Walked into or more perched on while on spin cycle? :hihi:

:o:o:o

Both maybe!!:suspect::D