Can browse but can't download. Can anyone please help.

As above, I have tried all browsers known to man, I have done a clean install, I have formatted all hdd's, I have removed all programs that I don't use, tried closing my firewall, spyware scanned, virus scanned and all to no avail...

I am using vista home basic @ the mo, but all you vista haters will be shocked to hear that I had XP before and the same problem, my connection is a netgear DG834G wireless modem router and a FSC Amilo LI1705.

It's driving me up the wall now, can't use you tube, can't download anything but can use p2p with no problems at all...?

Please help, anyone?

Are you on Orange?

No, Tiscali...wouldn't touch orange with a barge pole.

No, Tiscali...wouldn't touch orange with a barge pole.

Sounds like a very strange problem. I know Orange had a weird MTU size problem (http://www.orangeproblems.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3869), I spent ages trying to sort it. Maybe worth flashing your netgear to the latest firmware. Maybe Tiscali are having a strange problem.

Good Luck

You say you can't use utube but can use p2p. I take it that you can download files ok through p2p but can't play back streaming videos from utube?

If its utube you are having problems with make sure you have an up to date version of flash installed.

Also Try plugging an ethernet cable into your router you may have a very bad signal to the router

You say you can't use utube but can use p2p. I take it that you can download files ok through p2p but can't play back streaming videos from utube?

If its utube you are having problems with make sure you have an up to date version of flash installed.

Also Try plugging an ethernet cable into your router you may have a very bad signal to the router

No, it's not just youtube I have problems with, it's downloading anything at all, I tried to DL adaware yesterday and it failed, I took short term insurance out on the car I am buying this morning, went to download my cover-note...guess what, failed.

Basically, everything I try & DL, the firefox DL window opens, and immediately I get a pop-up in the bottom right to confirm all DL's have completed, try and open them on the off chance and it just gives me a whole host of different reasons why I can't open it:

Not a valid win32 application.

This file is damaged or corrupt, please try again.

etc etc...

Maybe worth flashing your netgear to the latest firmware. Maybe Tiscali are having a strange problem.

I did do this before and all seemed ok for a day or two, then back to same old, same old?

Is this just a problem with Firefox, or does it do the same with IE? Opera?