Quality restaurant please, open early and child-friendly.

The Cricket Inn at Dore/Totley.

I went the other week (kids present) and was pleasantly surprised, really nice service too. I think it's 12-2pm lunch times and 5-7pm evenings (don't think you can book though).

Shame you can't wait until 7pm as Rafters Restaurant would be ideal for you!

I can only suggest Cafe Uno or the HaHa bar as somewhere decent that is open at 5pm.

Most chains of restaurants are open all day but the classy independantly run places don't generally open until 6.30-7.00 pm

:)

PS There's always the Dore Grill !! I think that's open all day!

The Cricket Inn at Dore/Totley.

I went the other week and was pleasantly surprised, really nice service too. I think it's 12-2pm lunch times and 5-7pm evenings (don't think you can book though).

It's a great place isn't it? Nice food, nice beer, while the kids hare off out of earshot.

We are shortly about to experience a kitchen appliance crisis which will mean we'll be eating a number of our meals up there. So looking for something else for this occasion. :)

Shame you can't wait until 7pm as Rafters Restaurant would be ideal for you!

I can only suggest Cafe Uno or the HaHa bar as somewhere decent that is open at 5pm.

Most chains of restaurants are open all day but the classy independantly run places don't generally open until 6.30-7.00 pm

:)

PS There's always the Dore Grill !! I think that's open all day!

I thought the Ha Ha bar was virulently anti-child?

I've always wanted to try the Dore Grill in a strange, not knowing if I'm going to like it, kind of way. Maybe this is the time to give it a shot! :thumbsup:

Champs on eccy road?
keep em coming, you're about to come up with something inspired, I can tell. :thumbsup:

Cafe Uno

Yankees

Uncle Sams

all on Eccy Road, all child friendly, all yummy.

Think a bit more 'special occasion' only you're lumbered with a toddler who'll sit quietly and eat anything that's put in front of her...

Think a bit more 'special occasion' only you're lumbered with a toddler who'll sit quietly and eat anything that's put in front of her...

Are you taking the p*** now? Youve asked for somewhere in SW sheffield that will cater for a small child, and you`ve had 15+ replies and not one is suitable. Its Sheffield for gods sake not New York. Take the nipper for a McDonalds or summat.

Most of the replies have been from me to be fair.

MacDonalds...better than Champs, not as good as Moorlands. So not your best effort, not your worst.

Venables ....very lol

Hey Tricky - Try MishMash on Eccy Rd, nice food, good service, very different on inside than looks when driving past. went other day and was impressed, and I eat out a lot. They do good home made burger and home made fries. Check their web site and giv em a call, thats what we did. I've been to all the previously suggested places and all pretty average. Cricketers at totley nicer than average.

Good luck pal

Cheers moneyworries. I'll get in touch with Mishmash, it looks really good. But they do say their daytime menu finishes at 4:30 and their evening menu starts at 6:30, so not holding out much hope.