Is Bardwells still trading they used to be on Abbeydale Road?

Nice one - another bardies good'n (although I masterminded it) was when my expensive honda parking light broke. 99p later and half an hour on a saturday aftenoon and it passed it's mot :)

Apart from sadly mr bardwell passed away. The family are still running it though.

Was that the man with the pipe? always said "Ill see" and came back with exactly what you wanted..a real Aladdins cave

To be very honest I'm not sure entirely which one was the original mr bardwell. The oldest one there I rmeember is the one that often used to serve me and did say 'I'll see' a lot and disappear and complained of various health problems however he didn't look as old as I think he was (if that's indeed the bloke).

yes it is still in the same place and nothing as changed

redgates as gone and also the nelson

atkinsons are still there

the mucky duck is a music venue called the boardwalk now

When did you last go down town The Nelson is definitely still there and rockin'

Bardies is one of the real joys of living in that area and they have the kind of customer service that puts pretty much every other shop to shame (Wavelength excluded). Great place, great people and if they don't stock it they will know somebody who does and point you in that direction.

A couple of years ago I saw a couple of PA cabs that were 50 quid cheaper than anywhere else I'd seen them and decided to get them. In the middle of phoning a mate to come and pick me up as the cabs were too heavy to carry and it was pissin down one of them gave me a life home.

If you ever need audio cables, connectors or anything like that Bardwells is the place to go.

I was going to say, but imagined they meant an old pub named the nelson not the nelson rock bar:confused:....

I was going to say, but imagined they meant an old pub named the nelson not the nelson rock bar:confused:....

Back in the 70's (i'm too young to remember) the nelson was a rock bar so ive been told

edit before anyone says different in the 70's i was way too young to go drinking :hihi:

not the nelson he was asking about apart from anything else the place that is there as had more names than walter mitty, he was enquiring about the proper nelson not THE HIND which was what it was called when it first opened

You mean Fannys, The Lord Nelson, still there and still a great pub.

not the nelson he was asking about apart from anything else the place that is there as had more names than walter mitty, he was enquiring about the proper nelson not THE HIND which was what it was called when it first opened

It was the hind in the 90's, i went drinking in there then, it was originally the Nelson as its part of the the nelson building

great advert

oh there web site crap

Apart from sadly mr bardwell passed away. The family are still running it though.

Yes it's still there and one of the best shops in Sheffield for customer service.

The name on the sign just changed from N J Bardwell to N R Bardwell, presumably as the business passed from father to son. Long may it continue:thumbsup: